• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Expeditious Draft- real quick

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This is, as the thread title suggests, an expeditious draft. It will be run the same as a normal draft, except each participant only has 3 hours to pick. If you miss your turn by a few hours, you can pick as soon as you log back on. There is no "being nice" and waiting for turns or timezones. It's dog eat dog. Obviously, in order to take a turn if two people have missed, you have to wait 6 hours, and so on....

In the event that two participants select the same player at around the same time and both have a "live" pick, whoever's post appears first in the thread will have that player, not the participant who appears first in the draft order.

Just to make it a bit more fun, we'll have some basic criteria.

Criteria 1- You must select at least one player from each of the following nations:

- Australia
- England
- West Indies
- Pakistan
- India
- South Africa
- New Zealand

Criteria 2- You must select at least one player from each of the following eras (meaning player played at least one test in the era)

- From the beginning until 1914
- 1915 - 1945
- 1945 - 1965
- 1965 - 1985
- 1985- now

Let the tears and the bloodletting begin....

Last edited by a moderator:

Red

- No Bradman

- Will start in a day or two's time....

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I would be interested.

It would be interesting to include the Don though, just make some stipulation to miss your next pick or something similar.

Red

So far...

kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
saintkopite
monk

will kick off sometime tomorrow.

MCC111

Cricket Spectator
I feel sorry for the Don. He's always excluded from joining in with the other boys. I can just imagine him resigned to the nets facing a bola machine, silently weeping as he watches everyone else out on the field having a brilliant time.

Red

kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
saintkopite
monk
spikey
coronis

Anyone else? I'll kick this off tonight.

watson

Banned
Eight happens to be a nice number as the 3 hour time limit means that you are guaranteed a pick every 24 hours.

Red

My turn? or is that not the order as yet?
Not yet. I'll post an entire draft order (11 rds) shortly. Then we'll at least allow the courtesy of letting the 1st person choose first. Once that's happened, it's on like Donkey Kong....

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The title is not appropriate. Changed.

If you want it altered to something different, VM me. Otherwise it remains the Expeditious Draft, mostly because sledger has used the word expedient so many times that I'm beginning to warm to it.

Red

R1
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite

R2
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis

R3
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey

R4
spikey
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk

R5
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
Watson

R6
watson
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo

R7
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno

R8
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite
kyear

R9
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis
saintkopite

R10
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey
coronis

R11
coronis
saintkopite
kyear
ohno
aldo
watson
monk
spikey

watson

Banned
Just out of interest Monk, did you randomise each Round as I can't see a pattern?

Edit: It's a 'rolling' order, or whatever it's officially called.

Last edited:

Red

The title is not appropriate. Changed.

If you want it altered to something different, VM me. Otherwise it remains the Expeditious Draft, mostly because sledger has used the word expedient so many times that I'm beginning to warm to it.
It's fine. And fair enough.