• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Expeditious Draft- real quick

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How exactly is it fairer?

Randomising every second round, and reversing, should mathematically give everyone the same average position.
I'm no mathematician, but it seems fairer (after round 1). Randomizing means some long waits for some participants and very short ones for others, with the next round randomized anyway.

I'm sure someone here knows the absolute fairest way to run a draft....

watson

Banned
Very nice draft BTW Monk.

I think that your idea of shortening the time-interval has been proven to work for the better (for the time being at least). Well done!

Last edited:

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Best of the rest XI

Bert Sutcliffe
Arthur Morris
Ken Barrington
Neil Harvey
Ranji
Peter May
Denis Lindsay
Fazal Mahmood
Prasanna/ other indian spinner of your choice
Alec Bedser
Courtney walsh.

Batting is up there with the best of them and the bowling would terrorise many a side

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm gonna put the teams in the voting thread without the names attached to them, just to possibly remove the personality factor in the voting. Obviously people can come back thru here and see who's who, but, yeh...

#alwaysinnovating

watson

Banned
I'm gonna put the teams in the voting thread without the names attached to them, just to possibly remove the personality factor in the voting. Obviously people can come back thru here and see who's who, but, yeh...

#alwaysinnovating
Brilliant

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
1. Vijay Merchant.
2. Matthew Hayden.
3. Greg Chappell.
4. Sachin Tendulkar.
5. Jacques Kallis. [5]
6. Allan Border. [C]
7. Keith Miller. [2]
8. Brendon McCullum. [+]
9. Wilfred Rhodes. [4]
10. Wasim Akram. [1]
11. Joel Garner. [3]

watson

Banned
SKs batting lineup is remarkable, but the attack is probably not the strongest.

So it will be interesting to see what sort of team CWers prefer - batting centric or bowling centric or balanced?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Garner was a better new ball bowler than Akram and Akram also the better old ball bowler. Just a thought.

Great team none the less.