• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

adub

International Captain
Assuming Johnson and Harris are locks, who do you pick as third seamer? Patto or Cummins (suspend your disbelief and assume both are fit at the same time)?
I have for many years said that Haze would turn out the best of all the young quicks. Was losing faith with that call real hard the last 12-18 months, but he finished off the Shield with the sort of performances I'd long expected we would come to see as his true standard. I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up playing as third seamer in England next winter.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
pattinson is the 3rd quick if he's fit, has to be, cummins can come in when harris retires to his wheelchair after the next ashes

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Watch Cummins bowl and then watch Shane Bond bowl.
Thoughts?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
this is all a moot point because cummins wont be able to get past Dermo Abbott to get into the NSW squad

Spark

Global Moderator
I haven't even seen Cummins bowl since 2012, but I don't remember anything that struck me as greater potential than Pattinson back in 2011 other than that he was a couple years younger and slightly faster.
He gets a bit more bounce tbf, but I agree. That's no slight on Cummins at all, but I'm pretty sure I and many others called Patto as likely ATG after about two Tests (or sooner).

Riggins

International Captain
Plus Patto was the one DJ'ing on the the top of the bus in one of the post series celebrations. Legend.

FBU

International Debutant
Telegraph
'Australia’s squad for the Ashes, due to be announced Tuesday morning Melbourne-time, will include what could turn out to be the strongest all-round pace attack they have sent to England'.

I would have thought the squad to the West Indies would have been announced first.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Telegraph
'Australia’s squad for the Ashes, due to be announced Tuesday morning Melbourne-time, will include what could turn out to be the strongest all-round pace attack they have sent to England'.

I would have thought the squad to the West Indies would have been announced first.
It's the same squad.

U19 12th Man
Agar has improved out of sight. Oz actually has a nest of promising spinners now. I suspect Ashton will do a Smitteh and become very, very good with the bat though. Serious talent.