• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's strike bowler options

Who's England's best strike bowler option?

• Gough

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Caddick

• Anderson

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Harmison

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Hoggard

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Tudor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flintoff

• Kirtley

• Bicknell

• Silverwood

• Peter Martin

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • ???

• Total voters

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
just a brief interjection:

This was a thread which was active at the start of the year, before the resurgent return to form of, well, everybody.

Neil breathed a little bit of life into it to give us old stagers the opportunity of a laugh or two at the expense of others.

Feel free to giggle.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
just a brief interjection:

This was a thread which was active at the start of the year, before the resurgent return to form of, well, everybody.

Neil breathed a little bit of life into it to give us old stagers the opportunity of a laugh or two at the expense of others.

Feel free to giggle.
Ah ha! Got him yeeeees. I see I see, there's an important lesson there that I didn't learn previously (I am pretty new, but that's no excuse!) in that it's probably a good idea to read the dates.

I am those others, cheers Neil! haha

The fact these guys were being suggested this year at all is still a problem though........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, no shame in that, I only realised it was an old thread when I saw the quotes were all in the old format.
Then I checked the dates and realised my mistake.
Still fun going over it all - and has one thing, that I mentioned anywhere, occurred when I said it wouldn't?
Has Harmison suddenly developed an ability to cut the ball? Have we not seen, in the most recent series, that there are still occasions aplenty when he is wayward and can go for 5-6-an-over? Have I ever said "he won't get wickets against his name"?
Not on an occasion that I can find, Neil. :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
Oh, no shame in that, I only realised it was an old thread when I saw the quotes were all in the old format.
Then I checked the dates and realised my mistake.
Still fun going over it all - and has one thing, that I mentioned anywhere, occurred when I said it wouldn't?
Has Harmison suddenly developed an ability to cut the ball? Have we not seen, in the most recent series, that there are still occasions aplenty when he is wayward and can go for 5-6-an-over? Have I ever said "he won't get wickets against his name"?
Not on an occasion that I can find, Neil. :p
I agree Harmison still needs to prove himself as far as consistency goes. He's obviously improved greatly since he last toured Aus though and bowled 16 wides in an innings in one of the warm up matches. He'll have some rigorous tests coming up over the next year or so...