• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Isolator

State 12th Man
Tim said:
I was really disappointed with Adams after the 3rd England test at Auckland. He played the match with plenty of fire, bowled quick & got some nasty bounce off the pitch..but since then he has completely lost the plot.

He started WC 2003 so well after taking 4/20 odd against The West Indies..but im sure what followed in the rest of the tournament affected him very badly.
I've always maintained that if Adams managed to find his rhythm again, i'd pick him because he's competitive, bowls quick & likes to hit the deck hard.
I remember he bowled an absolute monster of a bouncer to James Foster that had him flat on the pitch. He does have better pace than anyone currently in the team.

His 4-for wasn't completely deserved, though. He has the knack of getting wickets with crap balls and that's what happened there. I find it interesting that there's been little talk about his batting. I loved watching him bat, short as his stays at the crease were.

Also, doesn't Adams have a bad back? Why are you New Zealanders so injury-prone?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Adams is actually known for getting wickets off poor shots rather than good balls, but all that means to me is that we have a bowler with lady luck on his side. Rather have a bad bowler with a lot of luck than a good bowler with no luck at all, eh?

And God forbid we ever figure out why we're so injury-prone. :p Then we'd be world beaters. ;)

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
Richardson even dressed up in an all-in-one suit like Marion Jones! Apparently Giles might not be the slowest in the england side, but i don't know who would be slower - Tresco? Hoggard?
Hoggard being a quick bowler, I would of thought he is not as slow of a runner.

Craig

World Traveller
Isolator said:
I remember he bowled an absolute monster of a bouncer to James Foster that had him flat on the pitch. He does have better pace than anyone currently in the team.
Well he did knock his helmet off (Foster).

Isolator said:
Also, doesn't Adams have a bad back? Why are you New Zealanders so injury-prone?
Poor technique/actions for starters?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it runs deeper than poor bowling actions...there have been a number of NZ bowlers who have had good actions but have still been forced into retirement through injury.

Scientists & Doctors believe it is due to the soft ground in NZ..and when bowlers go overseas they can't handle the harder grounds.