• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia New Test Number One

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm surprised the absolute inevitability of this (no Test cricket for ages pre-update) wasn't news earlier. That no-one bothered to sit and figure it out is hilarious IMO.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i thought they did. i thought the recent series was basically billed as winner gets the number 1 ranking

steve smith is coming for you, virat

U19 12th Man
Cue a delicious upcoming tour of Sri Lanka for the hosts, and the broken ****en arm dynasty is well upon us.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeahhhh. The wrongs of the past few years have been righted and the world is normal once again

uvelocity

International Coach
Maybe they did. Shows how little attention I pay to the official rankings if so, I suppose.
im pretty sure at the time everyone was resigned to the fact that sa were uncatchable and nobody bothered to check what would happen when the old results dropped off

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haters can suck it etc.

Not really convinced we're the best, but we're certainly in the mix.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India going down to 5th is not a surprise because they had a really good 2010 in terms of test results. A year from how India will automatically jump up once their defeats in ENG/AUS either get removed or reduced in terms of importance. Just gotta hope we compete in the coming ENG/AUS tours and not get blanked again because otherwise its not gonna matter in any case lol.