• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
the youtube community is rather bored with the commentary, I think it's been pretty good, they've made some interesting points about the Irish team that I'm rather uneducated about.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Geez we've thrown away a lot of wickets today
It's shown a real lack of planning. When you play Ireland, particularly in Ireland, a large percentage of your runs are going to come in the last 15 overs. They've just gifted way too many wickets and failed to exploit Ireland's weakness.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, that was a top bowling performance from Ireland, got the early wickets bowling good areas then kept the pressure on till about the 48th over when the damage was already done.

From a SL perspective, 220 is rather disappointing, you always knew Kusal Perera was gonna be hit or miss, however loose shots from Tharanga and Thirimanne were crucial mistakes, and then the failure of anyone from the middle order being able to go on after a few made starts was again a disappointment, Kumaresakara and Mendez were excellent at the end though, I'll probably stay up to see how Lakmal and Kula bowl, and might have a little look at Sachi but it will take early wickets and good tight bowling to win this one, something this attack is certainly capable of producing

viriya

International Captain
i'm surprised SL made 200+.. if they get some early wickets it's anyone's game..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm, just what was needed, Kula getting a hint of swing in and able to nip it away a bit too, Lakmal seemed to be just pushing it across the left-hander but the signs look good early on

viriya

International Captain
if i was IRE i would be aggressive right now - SL will come back into the game if they play too defensively. SL = masters of choke hold.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Kula bowling a beautiful spell here, excellent probing line with a hint of movement on a very uncertain length

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Joyce for a duck. That's absolutely huge defending 220; he'd be invaluable in a small chance in difficult conditions.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
'Lakman', would be very interested to see the team sheet the coms are reading off

ha, beaten

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder why Kula went round the wicket, was bowling quite beautifully from over and beating the bat regularly

viriya

International Captain
niall playing with more intent.. 10 more overs of this and ireland have this in the bag.