• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All out for three!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He should demand a renegotiation of his contract for a princely sum on his return! The mind-blowing thing is that 2 of the 3 were leg byes. Phew! :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
reckon he might have moved on to dinuguan now
Might need to keep a blood letting practitioner on standby for the iron overload from that. :laugh:

GIMH's #Wirralcookbook

1) balut
2) dinuguan
3) durian

"I arrived in Wirral on December 31, and it was clear from meeting the team that the players were disengaged from the full English breakfast."

Howe_zat

Audio File
He should demand a renegotiation of his contract for a princely sum on his return! The mind-blowing thing is that 2 of the 3 were leg byes. Phew! :laugh:
Nah the funniest bit is that they were 0/8 and their number 11 got 1* with everyone else getting a duck. He should demand to open

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's understandable in a school team (my boys inflicted 9 ducks on their oppo yesterday too, although we sent down a Jadeful of no balls and wides too) but the bizarre thing about this one is the fact that it's a 1st XI playing in the third divison of the Cheshire League having made 200+ last weekend...

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah it's almost funnier when it's a better team. Few years back our A grade made 450 in the first innings, 15 or something in the second and still won outright.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In under 10s, we played a game straight after the school holidays at a ground in a school which hadn't been mowed since December. The grass literally was knee high (to a six year old, as I then was, anyway).

We got rolled for 4.The innings lasted two hours. One of our openers batted two hours and made 2, I got one and there was one (one!) no ball, which was a pretty excellent effort for an under 10s side.

We turned up the next week and, of course, the grass had been cut and they passed us in one and a half overs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
In under 10s, we played a game straight after the school holidays at a ground in a school which hadn't been mowed since December. The grass literally was knee high (to a six year old, as I then was, anyway).

We got rolled for 4.The innings lasted two hours. One of our openers batted two hours and made 2, I got one and there was one (one!) no ball, which was a pretty excellent effort for an under 10s side.

We turned up the next week and, of course, the grass had been cut and they passed us in one and a half overs.
WAFG! Dig in lad

BeeGee

International Captain
One of our openers batted two hours and made 2
He reminds me of me. As a nipper I once carried my bat in a 35 over game. I scored six. Two of those runs were actually leg byes, but I think the umpire felt sorry for me.

I blame my father. A few days earlier he had spent a couple of hours with me in the back yard, teaching me the finer points of the forward defensive stroke and the leave. If he'd spent more time teaching me how to cut or drive I may have reached double figures.

Last edited: