• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Bash League 2014/15

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Is Aiden Blizzard still around? Which team is he playing for? And what about Krejza? And Mendis? Any chances of him playing the BBL?
Blizzard was at Tassie last year IIRC. He's also had stints in Adelaide. I think vic mentioned he was playing grade in Victoria this year, splitting his time between there and Tassie. Suggests if he does play this year, it'll be BBL only.

Krejza is back in NSW after being released by Tasmania. Playing grade but probably not going to crack the NSW side any time soon - Manjot Singh was picked ahead of him last season. Given the quality of the Thunder roster, he may snag a contract there, but I wouldn't expect much.

brockley

International Captain
Mendis had a good season last year,must be a chance to be re signed,depends if Thunder invest in a good spinner,Hauritz or Krejva would do.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hauritz might get the Brisbane Heat spinner slot again, especially if Boyce continues to wander around the southern states at Christmas time.

If Boyce goes home, Hauritz goes to the Thunder IMO.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, saw that and laughed. Big money for someone so mediocre?

I mean, it could pay off for them - but it's equally likely that he won't command a place in the XI for half the season and chew up the salary cap. Not to mention that he'll undoubtedly be rubbish in 3 years time.

Oh, I almost forgot the requisite 'lol darren berry'

uvelocity

International Coach
i dont think he'll be rubbish in three years time. he's a bit of a different story than your average grade cricketer making his was through at 30

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
i dont think he'll be rubbish in three years time. he's a bit of a different story than your average grade cricketer making his was through at 30
I don't actually know the story with Simmons - mind explaining it?

Still think he's more hit-and-miss than most batsmen, given the 2 tons alongside 4 single figure scores in the BBL. If he comes off, yeah, he's great - but he doesn't look consistent IMO. Not a bad signing, but I wouldn't be putting him on a really big, long-term contract tbh.

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't actually know the story with Simmons - mind explaining it?

Still think he's more hit-and-miss than most batsmen, given the 2 tons alongside 4 single figure scores in the BBL. If he comes off, yeah, he's great - but he doesn't look consistent IMO. Not a bad signing, but I wouldn't be putting him on a really big, long-term contract tbh.
i thought i read somewhere that he was a pretty decent talent at a younger age but other things got in the way of him playing more. but his shield and list a numbers dont look crash hot. someone else will know plenty more about him than i do

brockley

International Captain
Wicket-keeper/batsman Tim Ludeman and all-rounder Trent Lawford are the latest signings for the Adelaide Strikers for BBL|04!
“We fell just short last season and believe that a good foundation of returning players who are hungry for success will be key for us this season,” said Adelaide Strikers coach Darren Berry.

brockley

International Captain
Flintoff:
Rule changes bring new challenges for Le Mans teams Audi
He hopes to attract offers from teams in Australia’s Big Bash and the Caribbean Premier League, events he would have to fit around other television commitments, such as his award-winning sport’s quiz A League Of Their Own.
OT