• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Associate Draft

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ole Mortensen. One of the rare associates that succeeded at top-level FC cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ahh ****. Was going to take him Round 1 but took a calculated gamble on him sliding because I had two picks before Heath's next pick. Morgie WAC.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And the word 'sliding' is banned from this draft. This isn't some late 90s B-grade Science Fiction series.

Camo & Howe up.

HeathDavisSpeed

Surprised he's still available, but Duncan Fletcher.

Tbf, I'd have taken Houghton ahead of him I think.

BFP up, followed by a double-pick for Fred.

Can a moderator (i.e. Vladimir Ashwell?) update the OP?

fredfertang

Couple of Sinhalese for me

Gamini Goonesena - leg spinning all-rounder
Clive Inman - batsman and scorer of an 11 minute fifty

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pre-Test Sri Lankans are definitely my big blind spot here. I back my knowledge on contemporary associates and pre-Test Zimbabwe but these Sri Lankans I know very little of. Looking forward to reading up on them actually.

HeathDavisSpeed

James Aitchison

A decent first class record, and that's without his defining innings - a century against the touring Australians in 1956 - a line-up featuring Lindwall, Davidson, Miller and Benaud. Also carried his bat for a ton against the touring South Africans in 1947.

The Scotsman newspaper of the day noted in 1947: "Altogether it was an encouraging day for Scottish Cricket, for South Africa fielded eight Test men and most of the bowlers who will be playing against England this week. With a bit of help from Sheppard, Aitchison provided a very solid bulwark to the tourists' bowling, and, though giving the semblance of a chance at 49, played some brilliant cricket during his stay of 250 minutes. He hit thirteen 4s, excelling so much in his drives through cover-point, that the South African captain, Nourse, had to strengthen the position, though, as soon as he sealed up the gap there, Aitchison got boundaries with some hefty hitting to long-on."

Should be a very useful opener or #3 in this tournament.

1. James Aitchison
6. Ryan ten Doeschate
8. Duncan Fletcher (1)