• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Will Be Australia's First Class Spinner

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You asked thsi in another thread and it didnt make much sense, and now it makes less sence now that you have put teh words first class in.:rolleyes:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Using The Great Man's name and then posting that... isnt that some kind of abuse:rolleyes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My thought was that it was fairly simple - who will be Australia's spinner for the First-Class leg of the Sri Lanka tour.
And Hogg isn't even playing in domestic First-Class cricket so I really can't, somehow, see him playing international First-Class cricket.

deeps

International 12th Man
hogg is only droped from the four day team...due mainly to the rise of beau casson...he's still int he ING cup side

Andre

International Regular
deeps said:
hogg is only droped from the four day team...due mainly to the rise of beau casson...he's still int he ING cup side
He's not be dropped at all yet.

He didn't play the last match because he is with the Australian squad in the VB Series :rolleyes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
deeps said:
Hence I said First-Class cricket. I never said he had been dropped for the one-day game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andre said:
He's not be dropped at all yet.

He didn't play the last match because he is with the Australian squad in the VB Series :rolleyes:
Apologies. I heard he had been dropped from WA's Pura Cup side.
Wouldn't exactly be surprising, his First-Class record this season isn't exactly impressive.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
They sort of hinted they might, however he managed to sneak away with the Aussie OD side before they could.. :P

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I didn't rate him ever since he went for 75 in 9 overs with 3 no-balls.
Sadly his wicket-taking and economy in that order has been pretty good since then, but still his average from the game after that on is very nearly 30, but the overall econ. is pretty good.
I can't help feeling if he plays India a few times this tournament that might change.

Damien Martyn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
listen lads when warne comes back who will be the spinner Brad Hogg,Shane Warne,Stuart McGill ECT

GOD SOME PEOPLE ARE RETARDS

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Damien Martyn said:
GOD SOME PEOPLE ARE RETARDS
Yes but the clever people just accept them as human beings and don't insult them...

I think Hogg will keep his place, whatever. Warne will either not get a chance, or have very few.