• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn. Latham had been playing a few shots not quite at the pitch of the ball, like he thought the amount of turn was predictable. Must have been a good innings though - best NZ opener's innings since Fulton's purple patch.

Flem274*

123/5
18 of Narine's 21 test wickets have come against NZ home and away!!..you can get anymore conclusive than that and even though the track is tough his ability to go both ways would have presented different problems..Shilly is just crap right now and it's almost like we're playing with a bowler short again.
maybe that's because he's played most of his tests against nz and he's bowled to them on turners!!!

shillingford and benn have mostly bowled well. benn kept KW down and that's not easy for a spinner. the batting was just resolute, hence the run rate.

Flem274*

123/5
Taylor is so awful at the beginning of his innings. Horrible to watch.
he looks fine. come back when he's playing and missing/dropped

plus it's the sort of pitch where our batsmen will look a bit messy early on. these aren't very nz-like conditions.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The guy is clearly rusty...since coming back from a six month lay if this is his FIRST first class match...so forgive me if i don't beat up on the guy just yet :D .
yeah, but you were boosting him so much before the series.

It's clear that he should have played at least a couple of first class matches before this series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The guy is clearly rusty...since coming back from a six month lay if this is his FIRST first class match...so forgive me if i don't beat up on the guy just yet :D .
There's always am excuse isn't there? Why didn't you factor these excuses in before the series when you were declaring him world class?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's so unselfish of KW to try and take the pressure off Taylor by attacking Shillingford here. He really is a team batsman.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely! Stick him with Bumble in the comms box, both mad as a bucket of frogs!
For some people strange ramblings might be a sign of something interesting going on in their head, but in Morrison's case it's just the sound of the vacuum trying to eat itself.

Flem274*

123/5
there are some great little bits of trivia on the cricinfo scorecard

fulton's one is a bit morbid for his test career.