• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Moores gets a second bite of the apple

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Farbrace should not be with England until the Sri Lanka tour has finished.
I agree but ECB will probably think they have done nothing wrong anyway and nor has Farbrace. It could and should have been handled better by them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TBH I'd say Fairbrass, surfeit of hurtful ***iness aside, has a more compelling case for the headship than No Moores.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong (I often am; cf every post I've ever made about Brendan Rodgers, for instance) but after Downton's singularly unimpressive turn at the presser one suspects Hugh Morris's replacement has employed the man on the basis of a shared fluency in management (non-)speak.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH I'd say Fairbrass, surfeit of hurtful ***iness aside, has a more compelling case for the headship than No Moores.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong (I often am; cf every post I've ever made about Brendan Rodgers, for instance) but after Downton's singularly unimpressive turn at the presser one suspects Hugh Morris's replacement has employed the man on the basis of a shared fluency in management (non-)speak.
I love your hatred of goobldy-gook, and those Management types that speak it. Is it because of your life in the civil service?

Personally, it annoys me a bit, but it doesn't really anger me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I love your hatred of goobldy-gook, and those Management types that speak it. Is it because of your life in the civil service?

Personally, it annoys me a bit, but it doesn't really anger me.
It's a fair call that it's not entirely unconnected with one's profession, yes.

Having been a Personal Adviser for the better part of a decade, I have recently been rebranded as a "Work Coach".

Now aside from conjuring up images of women of a certain age who wear vaguely ethnic clothing, knit their own yoghurt and fung shui their bog roll, it staggers me that in the doubtless time and money consuming process that it took to come up with this pearl that no-one thought that "WC" might not be the best abbreviation...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Surely management speak is far more common in the private sector?
It's all pervading nowadays. It's those damn PR firms they hire and non-MBAs realising that management speak is a great way to get away with saying a whole lot of nothing.