• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Peter Moores gets a second bite of the apple

BoyBrumby

Englishman
But nonetheless Kirsten is more interested in coaching in the IPL.
It's more a reflection of his priorities rather than the status of the respective positions though, surely?

As a chap with a young family he'd obviously be more attracted to a six-week gig where he can (probably) earn as much as he could in the 24/7 365 role that would be the England head coach's lot.

As for Farbrace, if he does have a contract with the SL board one assumes the ECB will have to pay due compensation to secure his release from it.

mono

U19 Debutant
It's more a reflection of his priorities rather than the status of the respective positions though, surely?

As a chap with a young family he'd obviously be more attracted to a six-week gig where he can (probably) earn as much as he could in the 24/7 365 role that would be the England head coach's lot.

As for Farbrace, if he does have a contract with the SL board one assumes the ECB will have to pay due compensation to secure his release from it.

I hope you are correct about Kirsten. :)

Farbrace definitely has a contract with SLC. More worrying is how he would most definitely have been privy to sensitive information about the team, its tactics, strategy etc.. Sri Lanka is going to england as the clear underdogs in the test series. we cannot afford further disadvantages.

Farbrace is meeting the SLC tomorrow. hopefully, they can enforce some sort of Non Disclosure Agreement on him.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He is able to leave his contract, but he was meant to give 6 months notice, so yeah, he will have to come up with financial compensation, which you'd imagine would be paid by ECB

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Kirsten declined to be interviewed after they told him that he couldn't pick KP

grecian

Kirsten declined to be interviewed after they told him that he couldn't pick KP
Really the only place I saw that reported, was in a tabloid. He's vrepeatedly said it was about his family, and he'd be happy to take the job when they've grown.

social

Really the only place I saw that reported, was in a tabloid. He's vrepeatedly said it was about his family, and he'd be happy to take the job when they've grown.
Tbh, anyone with a well paid gig would be mad to touch England atm as they are a train wreck

Better to bank the cash, let the kids grow up and wait for the dust to settle as it's odds on that it will be available again in the next year or so

Rufus S-G

Cricket Spectator
Swann miscommunication?

Sidey should still be playing T20. Another comeback would be epic.

Swann is an interesting case, as he slated Moores in his Auto, which oddly all the KPhiles are quoting. I thought Swann was their anti-christ I get so confused.

Anyway, hopefully the dressing room is less toxic now.
What almost everyone quoting Swann's autobiography on the bonkers training session in New Zealand has not gone on to quote from later in the book is the following: "I felt a bit sorry for Mooresy because undoubtedly it was he who got me back onto the international scene, and he'd done a fairly good job. Sure, there were things he did as England coach that I did not agree with whatsoever, like that crazy post-match training in Napier, but I liked him as a bloke; his commitment and energy towards the job could never be questioned, and my feeling was that he had been hard done by". Sounds a bit more positive to me. Remember, it would have been very safe and easy for Swann to completely lay into Moores if he felt truly unhappy towards his tenure, since there would have been nothing to lose.

grecian

What almost everyone quoting Swann's autobiography on the bonkers training session in New Zealand has not gone on to quote from later in the book is the following: "I felt a bit sorry for Mooresy because undoubtedly it was he who got me back onto the international scene, and he'd done a fairly good job. Sure, there were things he did as England coach that I did not agree with whatsoever, like that crazy post-match training in Napier, but I liked him as a bloke; his commitment and energy towards the job could never be questioned, and my feeling was that he had been hard done by". Sounds a bit more positive to me. Remember, it would have been very safe and easy for Swann to completely lay into Moores if he felt truly unhappy towards his tenure, since there would have been nothing to lose.
Fair enough, just goes to show what selective quoting can do. I haven't and never will read Swanneh's book.

I don't really agree with them whilst people are still playing for England.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I actually think the exact opposite. Farbrace is the one with the obligations here, he's the one breaking a contract and letting a national side down. What obligations does the ECB have in this matter?

It's like a cheating husband...........who's the one committing adultery, him or the other (single) woman? You can point the moral finger at the ECB and the other woman but at the end of the day they aren't the real dogs.
Yeah I can see your point that the main onus is on Farbrace himself to honour his contract with us, however I still think it's a bit low of the ECB to court him..

FBU

International Debutant
The way I see it is Moores won't be trusted completely. Last time he was appointed coach of England he was allowed to select his assistant coach (Flower) and back room staff. This time Downton picked Moores' assistant coach.. That Downton and Farbrace are good friends from way back might mean that they will be talking regularly and Downton will know everything going on in that England dressing room.