• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who on this forum played kanga cricket as a kid?

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Who on this forum played kanga cricket as a kid?

I have all these trematic suppressed childhood memories I need to spill out about. As a primary school kid all my friends gave me **** because I sucked at Kanga cricket. Not my fault that a cricket ball is so small. How the hell am I meant to catch that stupidly small ball. :cry:

Because of all the harassment I left the game I loved and went the way of Aussie Rules football where the ball was big and easy to catch :)

Kanga cricket is meant for getting kiddies into cricket in a gentle friendly environment. But the Kanga Cricket system has failed and I am not happy Jan ;)

[Edited on 6/10/02 by anthonysw]

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Kanga cricket is a shortened and fast-paced version of cricket designed especially for younger children learning the game. While being fun for the players, it teaches the fundamentals of the game and allows those wishing to continue on to more traditional versions of cricket to continue on with a thorough understanding of the basics.

Kanga cricket has the following major attractions:

*It is fun and can be learned quickly.
*It is a new and exciting way for your Physical Education & Athletic Departments to keep kids active.
*Parents are involved, much as in after-school soccer, baseball or football.
*With the video tape, "Kanga" cricket is self-explanatory - no real coaching work is required to get things started.
*The complete start-up kit is well within the budget of the average school athletic department.
*No special field or field maintenance are required.

:)

[Edited on 6/11/02 by anthonysw]

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I though most people would have heard about it. I remembered when Kanga cricket was introduced when I was a primary school. So it has been around many years.

It is played in many countries like:

America
http://www.usaca.org/kanga.html

Korea
http://www.koreacricket.com/CricketKoreaWebsite/Kanga_Cricket.html

well... I guess that is not a good example. I am not sure is this program has been introduced to English, NZ, West Indies, SA and India. This is probably why it is not well known.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't play Kanga cricket. I didn't even LIKE cricket until I was 11. Then I played u/16's (which for an 11 year I thought was pretty good!) and then within two years I was watching Shane George (former South Aussie and AUstralia 'A' FAST bowler) roar in at me at senior's training for Woodville! He nearly took my head off several times because no-one told him I was only 13! Luckily I got a chance for revenge. :D

Anyway, back OT, I was too busy playing with the big boys to play with the little boyz! :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i remember the good ol days of playing Kanga Cricket you got to belt the girl bowlers to the other end of the oval and then the teacher would whinge cause you were trying to be smart.... :P :P :P :P

But yeah it was a fun game.......

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
Yeh the good ol days :) !

After telling my awful Kanga cricket secret do you still want me in you Indoor Cricket side Corey ;)?

Kimbo

International Debutant
Its called kiwi cricket here in nz.
it has exactly the same yellow plastic bats and stumps.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i was gonna say ? kiwi cricket but i always thought kiwi cricket was easy ?

Yea as james said the colours are the same etc i loved Kiwi Cricket !!

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I always enjoy seeing all the kids run out on Adelaide oval at half time and play :laugh:

It is a big experience for the little champs :laugh: