• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Value of 1989 Australian cricket bat

fran

Cricket Spectator
Hi

This is my first time on Cricket Web. I have inherited a cricket bat signed by the 1989 Australian cricket team. It was bought by my father in law some years ago in aid of Children in Need. It's never been used or knocked in and is signed by 15 members of the team. I can decipher all the signatures bar one. Any advice welcome. Many thanks, Fran

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't give up the day job - bats aren't widely collected - they take up too much space - £50 tops

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hi

This is my first time on Cricket Web. I have inherited a cricket bat signed by the 1989 Australian cricket team. It was bought by my father in law some years ago in aid of Children in Need. It's never been used or knocked in and is signed by 15 members of the team. I can decipher all the signatures bar one. Any advice welcome. Many thanks, Fran
Hold on to it for another 20-30 years.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately it's going to be in much worse condition than an England bat from the same series. Except possibly the edges.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unfortunately it's going to be in much worse condition than an England bat from the same series. Except possibly the edges.
Not necessarily Mr Z - don't forget that Steve Waugh batted so selfishly that no one from seven downwards got much of a go with the bat