• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Batsmen Getting the Wicket of Other Great Batsmen with the ball

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Rahul Dravid got Ridley Jacobs in a Test and Anwar, Kirsten, Klusener and Pollock in ODIs.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Miandad dismissed Border once each in a Test and ODI. He also got Greg Chappell once in a Test.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TBF to Border and Chappell, they did get back some street cred by dismissing Miandad 3 and 5 times respectively.

the big bambino

International Captain
Chappell, Walters and Border were also decent with the ball. I like the ones where rank numpties like Ponting, Dravid, Ranatunga and Inzi get great players. Though tbf Ponting could have been pretty handy as someone else mentioned. Good eccentric thread this one.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
On the criteria

1. Rankness of bowler
2. Rankness of delivery
3. Excellence of batsman
4. Excellence of batsman's current innings

Nothing will beat Ranatunga getting Crowe out.

M.S. Dhoni did once get the West Indian No. 4 out bowled in an ODI, only it was not Lara.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
On the criteria

1. Rankness of bowler
2. Rankness of delivery
3. Excellence of batsman

M.S. Dhoni did once get the West Indian No. 4 out bowled in an ODI, only it was not Lara.
that basically means Kohli would win this thread dismissing Chris Martin based purely on criterion 1.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
On the criteria

1. Rankness of bowler
2. Rankness of delivery
3. Excellence of batsman

Ranatunga was a decent bowler by 1990. Bowled some lively medium pace with banana outswing. It's when he became a filthy fat thing his bowling went down the drain.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Ranatunga was a decent bowler by 1990. Bowled some lively medium pace with banana outswing. It's when he became a filthy fat thing his bowling went down the drain.
Lively? Who are you kidding he trundled in and looked every bit the part timer he was. At best he was useful and although I have never looked at this test bowling average on cricinfo I would be surprised if it is less than 50.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Lively? Who are you kidding he trundled in and looked every bit the part timer he was. At best he was useful and although I have never looked at this test bowling average on cricinfo I would be surprised if it is less than 50.
He was a ODI bowler mainly. Bowled very rarely in the tests because SL had few seamers up their sleeves pre 90s. But in ODIs he did bowl regularly up to early 1990s. It's unfair to say that he was a rank part timer. He was on par with Aravinda with the ball. Probably bowled 120-125k speed. That's lively medium. Don't confuse with lively fast-,medium where the speeds would be 135-140ks.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
DG Bradman b. WR Hammond 79 (Melbourne 1928/29)

WR Hammond b. DG Bradman 85 (Adelaide 1932/33)

Muloghonto

U19 12th Man
If we discount batting allrounders such as Kallis or Sobers, then this category is probably going to be dominated by Sachin, Sehwag, Viv and Steve Waugh, as they were all great batsmen who've dismissed a fair share of fellow great batsmen.