• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm honestly very surprised that one of the very best all format cricketers of recent times hasn't been picked yet. Don't know whether people don't rate him as highly as I do or he's just slipped under the radar in this thread somehow but he'd have been one of my early picks, maybe second. Actually performed and proved himself in all three formats, so deserves a pick over some of the old timers who might or might not have succeeded in the shorter format.
This is such a troll post in a draft thread.

In fairness though, I've got about 3 guys I'm definitely looking at who fit that bill, but felt Procter was a more pressing selection on team balance grounds.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is such a troll post in a draft thread.

In fairness though, I've got about 3 guys I'm definitely looking at who fit that bill, but felt Procter was a more pressing selection on team balance grounds.
Yeah pretty poor post now I think about it. Didn't know how else to put it though, obviously can't name him. Should've just participated in the draft :(

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I'm honestly very surprised that one of the very best all format cricketers of recent times hasn't been picked yet. Don't know whether people don't rate him as highly as I do or he's just slipped under the radar in this thread somehow but he'd have been one of my early picks, maybe second. Actually performed and proved himself in all three formats, so deserves a pick over some of the old timers who might or might not have succeeded in the shorter format.
Agree, think i know who you're talking about here. If only my pick wasn't so far away, gutted how pretty much every player i was after this round is already gone.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, think i know who you're talking about here. If only my pick wasn't so far away, gutted how pretty much every player i was after this round is already gone.
I've worked out every pick I want to make :p

If I get them all, I don't actually need a 12th man. Undoubtedly I won't get them all, however.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I am going with Graeme Pollock - One of the most accomplished, attacking "see-the-ball-hit-the-ball" batsmen ever. He held the record for the highest List A score of 222 from 1974-2002. At the age of 50, in 1994/95 playing in a memorial one-day game for the World XI vs Bradman XI, he scored 89 off 71 deliveries. Slots in at number 4.

Expialidocious XI

-
-
- Viv Richards
- Graeme Pollock
-
-
-
-
-
- Dale Steyn
-
Superb team.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Superb team.
Nah, Warney'll sort Viv out in no time, Pollock'll hole out at deep mid wicket to Miller, and Steyn is just a short, poor version of Miller who can't even bat and has none of his swagger. Barry Richards will smoke Steyn all over the place.

I've got him covered...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
ABdV to reverse sweep Warney for consecutive fours, then get down on a knee to scoop Miller over short-fine and pull him over forward square when he drops short to compensate.

Procter has Miller covered with the ball, and since Viv was so good against pace he must be suspect against spin (#ATGLogic) so Murali will eat him for breakfast.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
ABdV to reverse sweep Warney for consecutive fours, then get down on a knee to scoop Miller over short-fine and pull him over forward square when he drops short to compensate.

Procter has Miller covered with the ball, and since Viv was so good against pace he must be suspect against spin (#ATGLogic) so Murali will eat him for breakfast.
Nah, Viv was fine against offies. Was only leggies that bothered him.

Procter only has Miller covered with the ball if Miller thinks there's not much at stake. With a point to prove (as the greatest pure allrounder of all time), watch Miller step up and bowl serious heat and threat. And then ton up...

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Nah, Viv was fine against offies. Was only leggies that bothered him.

Procter only has Miller covered with the ball if Miller thinks there's not much at stake. With a point to prove (as the greatest pure allrounder of all time), watch Miller step up and bowl serious heat and threat. And then ton up...
As Procter did day in day out to take Proctershire to many a trophy.

Thing about Procter that most people forget is that he batted at 4 and sometimes 5 for his country sides, and while not having the consistency to place him among the greats he was every bit a good enough batsmen to stake his claim to that #4 spot.

And let us not be reminded of the hat-trick and century in the same match, nor the 6 hundreds in a row, nor those centuries before lunch, so to conclude Procter > Miller

Last edited:

watson

Banned
I'm no good at this new fangled format stupid thing, so don't have a clue. Someone please PM me before I go mad.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
R1

Camo999 - Wasim Akram
Pothas - Don Bradman
Blakus - Garry Sobers
GI Joe - Adam Gilchrist
harsh.ag - Viv Richards
ohnoitsyou - Sachin Tendulkar
Dan - Muttiah Muralitharan
Watson - Joel Garner
morgieb - Imran Khan
Monk - Keith Miller
kyear2 - Malcolm Marshall
Howe_zat - Glenn McGrath
AldoRaine - Ricky Ponting
Saint Kopite - Richard Hadlee

R2

Saint Kopite - Brian Lara
Aldo Raine - Jacques Kallis
Howe_zat - Chris Gayle
kyear2- Kumar Sangakkara
Monk- Shane Warne
morgieb- Curtly Ambrose
watson - Allan Donald
Dan - AB de Villiers
ohnoitsyou - Waqar Younis
harsh.ag - Dale Steyn
GI Joe- Dennis Lillee
Blakus- MS Dhoni
Pothas- SF Barnes
Camo999- Sanath Jayasuriya

R3

GI Joe- Kevin Pietersen
Monk - Barry Richards
Saint Kopite - Shaun Pollock
Blakus - Ray Lindwall
Camo999 - Victor Trumper
harsh.ag - Graeme Pollock
Dan - Mike Prcoter
morgieb - Ian Botham
Howe_zat
Pothas
kyear2
watson
ohnoitsyou
Aldo Raine

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Warney'll sort Viv out in no time, Pollock'll hole out at deep mid wicket to Miller, and Steyn is just a short, poor version of Miller who can't even bat and has none of his swagger. Barry Richards will smoke Steyn all over the place.

I've got him covered...
Pollock to take Warnie out, and Viv to smoke the hell out of Miller. Steyn to get Barry with the old ball reverse swing Barry has no clue about :)