• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Thought i lacked a good old-ball quick in the last draft, so Waqar Younis it will be.

Oh yeah, what rules are we pretending to use for the ODIs? Cause two new balls would suck after this pick.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
ABdV thanks.

Bats, keeps wicket, fields, and is gun across all formats. Plus he's be a handy acquisition for the team golf day.

Dan Announcements
5. AB de Villiers +
11. Muttiah Muralitharan
You ****ing ****! Lol…I guess I did it to you with Miller. ABDeVil and Miller were gonna be the backbone of my team, but I had to take Warne seeing he was still there!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are 4 quicks that I'd like to partner Joel Garner, but since the team already has a miser I can't go past the strikepower of Allan Donald in the limited over format.

Allan Donald to be the spearhead.
Almost went him over Ambrose, good choice.

watson

Banned
Thought i lacked a good old-ball quick in the last draft, so Waqar Younis it will be.

Oh yeah, what rules are we pretending to use for the ODIs? Cause two new balls would suck after this pick.
New or old - Waqar was a quality bowler with a lethal yorker no matter the age of the ball. I wouldn't worry too much ONIY.

watson

Banned
Ambrose and Imran work really well as a new ball combination IMO as they are different styles of bowler. I too thought about Ambrose but eventually decided I wanted a bowler with a high ODI strike-rate to complement Garner's miserly Economy Rate - so chose Donald. Thought about Steyn, but I picked him in the last Draft and so wanted to be different this time round. Incidently, out of all the ATG ODI bowlers from the '1990's and Early 2000s' Ambrose and Donald are neck-a-neck for Ist place in a pretty comprehensive review that I found. Will give the link after the Draft is finished as it makes for some interesting reading. As far as Test matches go, I probably prefer Ambrose over Donald, but realistically there's not too much between them, as with most ATGs.

On- the-other-hand, finding another frontline seamer (maybe 2 spinners?) to complement Donald and Garner will be a lot more tricky as 14 Drafters creates a significant drain on the pool of bowlers. Will have to think about it.........

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Those yorkers just aren't as ***y without the swing though.
Er, the new ball swings as well does it not? Might not be reverse swing, but Waqar still picked up his fair share of Top Order (1-3) batsman just the same - 41.3% in ODIs and 35.4% in Tests.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the fact that there are 14 participants. It's going to be a squeeze. ABdV was a fine pick by Dan. Gives a wealth of flexibility. Would have taken him myself. Pakistani pacers in high demand as usual :)

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Er, the new ball swings as well does it not? Might not be reverse swing, but Waqar still picked up his fair share of Top Order (1-3) batsman just the same - 41.3% in ODIs and 35.4% in Tests.
Hmm, maybe i've been overly focusing on those 40-50th overs haha

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
R1

Camo999 - Wasim Akram
Pothas - Don Bradman
Blakus - Garry Sobers
GI Joe - Adam Gilchrist
harsh.ag - Viv Richards
ohnoitsyou - Sachin Tendulkar
Dan - Muttiah Muralitharan
Watson - Joel Garner
morgieb - Imran Khan
Monk - Keith Miller
kyear2 - Malcolm Marshall
Howe_zat - Glenn McGrath
AldoRaine - Ricky Ponting
Saint Kopite - Richard Hadlee

R2

Saint Kopite - Brian Lara
Aldo Raine - Jacques Kallis
Howe_zat - Chris Gayle
kyear2- Kumar Sangakkara
Monk- Shane Warne
morgieb- Curtly Ambrose
watson - Allan Donald
Dan - AB de Villiers
ohnoitsyou - Waqar Younis
harsh.ag - Dale Steyn
GI Joe
Blakus
Pothas
Camo999

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The moment you know you've made a good pick:

When everyone else wants to kill you for it.

watson

Banned
The moment you know you've made a good pick:

When everyone else wants to kill you for it.
Nah, you can have ABdV - the majority of us will be selecting a real ATG wicketkeeper to back up our ATG fast bowlers.

Last edited: