• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

watson

Banned
Should perhaps put the teams in an actual voting thread with some voting rules as no one has yet asked to have their teams tweaked. And it's been a long time since I picked the very last player.

I also think that we should add GI Joe's teams (page 43) to the list as it seems odd to have a LO Draft without Gilchrist and Pietersen. While Joe hasn't agreed to the players I added, he hasn't objected either.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
FTR Howe, there's no way I'm counting votes. Utterly sick of tallying things after Battle of the Members.

watson

Banned
You can't put up a team featuring players someone didn't select.
There have been a few occasions where someone has left a Draft for good reason, but requested that another person take over from them. A hybrid team was then submitted for the voting thread.

However, this particular case is slightly different and so you are right. That is, Joe made no such request or provision so we are left with no alternative but to discard some very good players.

One can only surmise as to the reasons why, but they would probably range from too busy to too contemptuous, or possibly a mixture of both.