• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Formats Draft

watson

Banned
Abdul Qadir - ODI ER = 4.06 & ODI SR = 38.64.

Pleasantly surprised at that reasonable ER (even for the 80s) for such an attacking leg-spinner.

Now the bowling attack is perfectly balanced with a bit of everything for all occasions - even if I say so myself.

01. Gordon Greenidge
02. Graeme Smith
04. Mark Waugh
06. Shakib Al-Hasan
07. Kapil Dev
09. Abdul Qadir
10. Joel Garner
11. Allan Donald

All yours OHNO

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
This is getting difficult. Need an aggresssive test level opener.

Roy Fredericks

01. Roy Fredericks
03. Kumar Sangakkara
04. Greg Chappell
05. Clive Lloyd
06. Sourav Ganguly
08. Malcolm Marshall
10. William O'Reilly
11. Colin Croft

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll go for the flashiest strokeplayer of them all, rohan kanhai
Hmm, felt he was the last quality aggressive number 3 left. So wasnt my first choice pick, but he was the least replaceable.
I was going to pick Kanhai, and this is not to rain on your parade ohno, but nothing in his test, ODI or List A repertoire suggested that he would become a quick LO bat. Plus I wanted a legitimate opening bat.

watson

Banned
I was going to pick Kanhai, and this is not to rain on your parade ohno, but nothing in his test, ODI or List A repertoire suggested that he would become a quick LO bat. Plus I wanted a legitimate opening bat.
Kanhai looked good in the 1975 World Cup final after joining Lloyd at a wobbly 3/50. His SR for the tournament was 60.07 which admittedly isn't stella, but we are talking the mid-70s. Plus he was about to retire.

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
What are the views of an opening bowling combination of Holding and Thomson? Holding has a strike rate of 38.5 in ODIs and Thomson has 49 which is better than his test SR, although when I picked Thomson I picked him as one of the best options remaining to have an out and out pacy front two.

But I'm sure that duo has a few drawbacks and would love to hear about it.

watson

Banned
Obviously we need someone to randomise Round 9. Howe has pretty much disappeared and is 'out' apparently. Maybe we should ask a non-Drafter to post Round 9 ???

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here you go:

Monk
Aldo Raine
kyear2
harsh.ag
GI Joe
Camo99
Saint Kopite
Pothas
morgeib
Blakus
watson
Howe_zat
ohnoitsyou
Dan

Randomizer.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Obviously we need someone to randomise Round 9. Howe has pretty much disappeared and is 'out' apparently. Maybe we should ask a non-Drafter to post Round 9 ???
Anyone can post new round orders ftr, Harsh's is fine.

I'm not sure why it's shocked you that I was not on CW between the hours of 8am and 1pm on a Tuesday.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ian Chappell- Not recognised as an ODI bat, but his stats were good in the formative years of ODIs. Also, a slip cordon of Ian Chappell, Keith Miller and Shane Warne, with Harvey in the covers and Davo backward square pleases me immensely. Captain of the crew too......

Monk's XI of guys who didn't play all formats but would've been amazing at them which should be reflected in voting (Test XI)

Barry Richards
-
Ian Chappell
Everton Weekes
Neil Harvey
Dean Jones
Keith Miller
-
Alan Davidson
Shane Warne
Harold Larwood
-

Monk's XI of guys who didn't play all formats but would've been amazing at them which should be reflected in voting (Short format XI)

Barry Richards
Keith Miller
Dean Jones
Everton Weekes
Ian Chappell
Neil Harvey
-
Alan Davidson
Shane Warne
Harold Larwood
-