• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leg Spin

Who is the best leggie apart from Warne?

• Stuart MacGill

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Danish Kaneria

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Anil Kumble

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Chandana (ahem...)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Tom Halsey

International Coach
After the recent rise of Kaneria, and the recent resurgence of Kumble, I am wondering who you think is the best leggie in the world ATM apart from Warne.

masterblaster

International Captain
Kumble and MacGill tieing for second.

Danish Kaneria is the best young leggie going around at the moment in my view.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
If Kumble continues to bowl like he did in Australia, I'd take him anyday over MacGill.

I'm really hoping India give Amit Mishra a berth in the touring party to Pakistan.
He looks a promising talent.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
On form, easily Kumble.

Given Warne has had 12 months off one could mount a case for Kumble being number 1........

MacGill is a little behind Kumble.

Kaneria a bit further back but making some serious headway.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Lots of candidates for that one.

Laker, O'Reilly, Benaud, Grimmett, Warne, Muralitharan, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasanna, Venkat, Saqlain, Tayfield, Ramadhin, Valentine, Salisbury..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Lots of candidates for that one.

Laker, O'Reilly, Benaud, Grimmett, Warne, Muralitharan, Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasanna, Venkat, Saqlain, Tayfield, Ramadhin, Valentine, Salisbury..
You missed Middlebrook. ;)

On topic, I voted for Kaneria, although it was a close run thing between him and Kumble.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Have done :)

And voted for it, with the "other" being me - as a punishment for your failure to do it yourself ;)

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
MacGill is ****. All he does is spin the ball, he doesnt have any variety, so i would take Kumble over him any day of the week.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hero_Don said:
MacGill is ****. All he does is spin the ball, he doesnt have any variety, so i would take Kumble over him any day of the week.
Kumble hardly spins it.. He just bowls flat and quick, with a few googlys thrown in....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jenner wasn't especially brilliant as a bowler, he's just the "spin doctor".
:lol:
Anyone who seriously considers MacGill even close to international standard needs to check his record. He's averaged well for a few one- or two-off Tests, and against England in 1998\99 (plus Bangladesh in 2003, but that really counts for less than a Pura Cup game).
The rest have either been poor or abysmal.