• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leg Spin

Who is the best leggie apart from Warne?

• Stuart MacGill

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Danish Kaneria

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Anil Kumble

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Chandana (ahem...)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
I rate Mushtaq slightly higher then Kumble. Although Mushy has been on the sidelines for too long to prove his consistency, I think he is more dangerous under normal conditions while Kumble needs some sort of uneven bounce in the pitch to become a potent threat to batting lineups.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Amazingly Kumble's career was nearly over before the Australian series.

Kumble usually perfoms on pitches with uneven bounce (like one in India-Pak), Danish is relatively new to test cricket, while McGill's career has always been affected coz of Warne.

FRAZ

International Captain
Where is Zim's former leggie captain . And Paul strang . Paul wasnt a bad choice though . I guess Kumble is a great bowler . The only Indian Bowler with some attitude and in the field personality. But he is more like a leg cutter right arm medium .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie_beater said:
I rate Mushtaq slightly higher then Kumble. Although Mushy has been on the sidelines for too long to prove his consistency, I think he is more dangerous under normal conditions while Kumble needs some sort of uneven bounce in the pitch to become a potent threat to batting lineups.
It's a real shame that Mushtaq has been so poor over the last 5 years.
He was such a fantastic bowler before that, in all conditions.
Kumble, however, is deadly when conditions help.