• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Off Season 2014

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Grass is greener on the other side for Oram | Stuff.co.nz

I'm really interested in this article. Sounds like a fantastic development by PNBHS. Ideally you would want something like this in each of the 6 associations + Lincoln. For use by elite squads, elite youth, and probably limited club pre-season.

It’s price tag of $400k sounds amazingly cheap. Previous discussion/investigation of this by the curator of Eden park was talking many millions.

Last year there was an article about Lincoln installing the simple (but clever) partial solution of marquees over the top of the outdoor nets to increase there all weather use.

Does anyone have any inside knowledge about how successful the marquees have been at Lincoln? While I would guess they allow training during rainy days within the normal season, but how far into winter do they extend outdoor training? Can they be used in mid winter?

My unscientific mind has long thought that gathering all the most promising bowlers in the country in one place and make them pound away through winter on the indoor concrete of Lincoln is an extremely bad idea. Not that this is an original thought.

As to how bad current practice facilities are. Well in wellington anyway. To my knowledge there are only 6 outdoor grass nets in all of wellington? These are at the Basin and only 3 of them can be used at the same time. Scots College recently spent a large amount on a flash indoor practice facility but this does not include turf wickets.

Blain

U19 Captain
Go away Arnel.. Please...

Hamish Rutherford Retired hurt. Jamieson seems to be doing well this off season, hope he can cement a spot in the side.