• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thumb twiddling

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently, the ICC has not, and is in no hurry to lay out what the post reform structure for World Cup qualifying, World Cricket Leagues, and all that stuff for non ODI countries will be. So lets all have a thumb twiddling contest. In all seriousness, I understand its really hurting the likes of Holland and Kenya.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A bit off topic but something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. Kenya and Uganda share a domestic structure so there is obviously a close tie between those boards. I know very little about Ugandan cricket so my question to you is this - would fielding a combined side be any improvement over the current Kenyan national side? Would many/any Ugandans demand a place in such a side?

It just struck me that having two just-below-ODI-standard-now teams who share a domestic competition is probably less good for the game than having one slightly stronger side from the region.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Why the Uganda-Kenya rivalry is fierce

One of those things that stands out in this part of Africa, is the sports rivalry between Kenya and Uganda.

Talk of an encounter between the two nations and the pulse of entire populations suddenly shoots up.

Beyond sports, they have also had their clashes, the most recent being one over a small island in Lake Victoria.

It is a tale of close battles stretching far back to 1926 in what was then called the Gossage Cup. The two nations would come to standstill as their soccer sides battled in home and away encounters.

The rivalry has since stretched to other disciplines. Rugby is no exception. Kenya holds a clear edge in its head-to-head encounters with its neighbours, but even then, whenever the two nations meet, there is a surge of adrenaline.

This year’s Elgon Cup is a classic example. The anxiety was underlined by the immense media coverage. For the past fortnight, the match has been a back page lead.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A bit off topic but something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. Kenya and Uganda share a domestic structure so there is obviously a close tie between those boards. I know very little about Ugandan cricket so my question to you is this - would fielding a combined side be any improvement over the current Kenyan national side? Would many/any Ugandans demand a place in such a side?

It just struck me that having two just-below-ODI-standard-now teams who share a domestic competition is probably less good for the game than having one slightly stronger side from the region.
Hi Richard, how'va ya been

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

I have wanted USA and Canada to team up for many years in Rugby and Cricket. A North American team would still lose but not by as much and would get way more sponsorship. The all blacks and black caps would also be willing to tour there I believe to promote the sports if it wasn't such a walk over.

In both sports Canada would fill 80% of the team. But even if Canada only gained 3 or 4 more players that would make a difference.

I also have wondered, before Bangers improved, whether they should join with Afghanistan.