• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great Run Chases

V Reddy

International Debutant
To add to the above mentioned , India's chase of 315 (?) at Dhaka in the Independence Cup final and i think the one in which Ricardo Powell scored a century was excellent though i didn't enjoy it as it was against India :!(

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
has everyone forgotton about chetan sharmas nightmare match against pakistan. when javed miandad scored and electrifying hundred, on the last ball he hit a six to win it off chetan sharma. sharma was never forgiven.:P

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Armadillo said:
has everyone forgotton about chetan sharmas nightmare match against pakistan. when javed miandad scored and electrifying hundred, on the last ball he hit a six to win it off chetan sharma. sharma was never forgiven.:P
No Indian or Pakistani who has seen that match will ever forget it, ofcourse for different reasons. That was one of the greatest run chases I have seen authored by the greatest Pakistani batsman ever, Miandad although I hated to see him do that to India.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
has everyone forgotton about chetan sharmas nightmare match against pakistan. when javed miandad scored and electrifying hundred, on the last ball he hit a six to win it off chetan sharma. sharma was never forgiven.
Most people on this forum are too young to remember that. Thats undoubtedly my most precious cricketing memory.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Miandad and Asif Iqbal chasing the Indian total in the fourth innings, in late 70s was supposed to be another legendary run chase, they were chasing around 200 in the last twenty overs of a test match. My mom still talks about it, and supposedly the running between the wickets was unparalleled.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does anyone remember the game in the 1992 World Cup - Australia v India (Brisbane)? And India needed three runs off the last ball. Whoever was batting hit the ball out to deep mid-wicket where Steve Waugh dropped the catch then threw it in and got a run out after the batsman had run two - the game was a tie. That has to be one of the most exciting finishes ever.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I've generally only seen great run chases made by NZ or the team they are playing against, but perhaps one that could have been in the top 10 in ODI's had NZ won it was back in 1997 when New Zealand were playing South Africa at Brisbane.

South Africa smashed up 320 odd runs, and basically Channel 9 had written NZ off and were probably preparing for an early finish..well it ended up going down to the final ball with Dion Nash needing a 6 to win the match...he smashed it high in the air, and Klusener tip-toed along the boundary and took the catch to deny what would have been a match-winning six.

I don't know if anyone else saw that match, but it was unbelievable.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh I found the scorecard and the actual details were:

South Africa: 300/6 off 50 overs (G.Kirsten 103, Cronje 55, Klusener 50)

New Zealand: 298/9 off 50 overs (Parore 67, Cairns 64)
New Zealand were 97/5 after 25 overs but some demon like hitting from Cairns, Parore & Nash almost got NZ a very unlikely victory.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well don't I feel stupid now. Lol.
Which game did Lara score a ton against Australia in 2003 then?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Well don't I feel stupid now. Lol.
Which game did Lara score a ton against Australia in 2003 then?
He scored 110 in the first Test and 122 in the second (68 and 60 in the 4th).