• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Legends

FRAZ

International Captain
Although there are some very very good and talented new cricketers. But there are only a few who become legends like Sunil Gavaskar,Imran Khan , Steve Waugh etc etc . Which new talent has a potential to become a legend like the people mentioned above . In my view its may be gonna be Sami cuz his wrist tests showed he has genuine age which he tells.And may be Taibu (just a guess)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Parthiv Patel & Irfan Pathan both look like they have the makings of seriously good cricketers , both still have 15+ years at the top level injury permitting.

Michael Clarke has been hyped up enough , now its time for him to deliver the goods.

If Graeme Smith sorts of his technique he could go an awfully long way , I reckon Ian Bell clearly has the talent , he just keeps getting out to stupid shots , thus not making enough runs to get him into the England side.
Still , time on his side.

Adam Crosthwaite from Victoria , massive potential , the sky's the limit.
This Henriques guy , 16 year old , playing grade cricket in Sydney ATM can apparently hit 135kph , certainly sounds pretty impressive.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ramnaresh Sarwan, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards (if he's allowed to rest once in a while).

Omari Banks and Jerome Taylor are also extremley talented. I await to see how Taylor returns from injury though.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
If Mr. M can say Chris Gayle, ill say Ponting. Yeah.

Also Tait and Cleary are talent, along with a few other guys in the Pura Cup. (ok a lot.):yawn:

hourn

U19 Cricketer
its practically impossible to pick someone as a future legend before they've even played test cricket (let alone FC cricket).

But I think Graeme Smith has it written all over him.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
it is very hard to pick a future legend.....but if I were a betting man, I would say Marcus North...and there is no logic to that, just a feeling!

Sudeep

International Captain
Ricky Ponting and Greame Smith

I think the Aussies will go through minor hiccups this year. But then will be back next year, with Ricky Ponting taking them to even greater heights than Steve Waugh did.

Just as most of you guys said, Greame Smith has all the possibilites of being a future legend.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Michael Clarke though some may object to it.

BTW, aren't Ponting , Dravid, Kallis already greats ? Do they also come under this topic

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Ravinder Bopara, Graham Napier, Mark Pettini, Will Jefferson, and Zohaib Sharif. :D

I say Sharif purely because he is a leggie.

Also, there is this pure class batsman at my school, yet to break into the Essex team, who plays for England U-17's. I bowled to him in the nets, and he is just sooooooooooooooo good. That is a prospect. Name is Nick Prowting.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
halsey said:
Yeah, looks a good prospect. His bowling appears to be very under-used. Does anyone know why this is?
Not sure, I think he might lack confidence or belief with his bowling.. And SA pitches are not condusive to legspin..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Not sure, I think he might lack confidence or belief with his bowling.. And SA pitches are not condusive to legspin..
They might not be conducive to finger spin, but any pitch is not bad for wrist spin. Even English pitches, we just don't have any decent wrist spinners! :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
halsey said:
They might not be conducive to finger spin, but any pitch is not bad for wrist spin. Even English pitches, we just don't have any decent wrist spinners! :)
Hmm i beg to differ about that.. I bowl leggies, and its not too bad here in Somerset, but ive seen a lot of tracks i wouldnt fancy.. I dont like bowling when there is too much bounce either...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
halsey said:
Ravinder Bopara, Graham Napier, Mark Pettini, Will Jefferson, and Zohaib Sharif. :D

I say Sharif purely because he is a leggie.

Also, there is this pure class batsman at my school, yet to break into the Essex team, who plays for England U-17's. I bowled to him in the nets, and he is just sooooooooooooooo good. That is a prospect. Name is Nick Prowting.
And the track record of people playing for England age groups is approx 40% play county and 20% Tests...

Judgment reserved :)

And being from Essex, there's always the chance of multiple paternity suits before too long.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah Marcus North and Mark Cleary. Oh and Clarke ;)
And little Parthiv, he looks a real goer, even if his constant encouragement does get incredibly tedious.