• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Legends

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
From what I have personally seen:

Irfan Pathan
Shoaib Malik (needs a bit of work on his batting)
McMillan
Vaas
Graeme Smith

As for Sami, I haven't watched him closely enough to judge.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I don't think Vaas is going to get any better than he is now... perhaps he'll be thought of as THE legendary Sri Lankan pace bowler.

Craig

World Traveller
nightprowler10 said:
Ok maybe not a legend. But he definitely has the right stuff to be one of the best in his team, IMO.
If he started to be more consistent with the bat, then maybe, but personally he doesn't warrent a spot in the New Zealand team.

If Peter Fulton keeps getting the runs on the board, I would consider scrapping McMillan for Fulton, and be even Ross Taylor in ODIs if he continues from last season's form. If Jesse Ryder can pull his head in, and change his attitude to his game, then we have three of the best up and comers in NZ cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Prince EWS said:
Ask Gavin Ewing.
Raj123 said:
who is he
A very, very big prospect, it seems, with a First-Class average of 61.something when he was brought into Test-cricket... and forced to bat at eight.
Who then joined the "rebels", who has now along with 2 others signed new contracts with the ZCU.
Whether he'll actually be picked again only time will tell.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Schofield :p
Dave Mohammed :p
Rikki Clarke :p
Ajit Agarkar :p (...no, I've just took it too far)

No, seriously...
Dwayne Bravo
Andrew Flintoff(he'll be bigger than Botham, and not just his waistband)
Jaques Rudolph
there's been a lot of hype about Dinesh Karthik, waiting to see him in a test
whoever captains Bangladesh to their first test victory
Ponting will go on to be a big legend

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Dave Mohammed :p
Rikki Clarke :p
IMO hope is not lost for either and it was a massive relief to see Clarke going a little way to saving a dismal season with an astonishing innings today.
whoever captains Bangladesh to their first test victory
Yes, because Dave Gregory, James Lillywhite jnr. et al. are all sooooo well known aren't they? :p

Chubb

International Regular
Alastair Cook
Tatenda Taibu (Is what he does the hardest job ever in cricket?)
Dwayne Bravo
Andy Flintoff

And Andrew Flower deserves to be known as the legend he is in years to come.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
Alastair Cook
Tatenda Taibu (Is what he does the hardest job ever in cricket?)

I think Taibu has a relitavely easy job, he is the new face of Zim cricket and enjoys the backing of a corrupt board as well as the global cricket community.. It cant be bad being loved by both.. He doesnt have much competition for his captaincy, or his keeping...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Flintoff - I believe he will go on to be rated up there with Sobers, Khan, Dev, Botham et al as one of the game's all-round greats. Also, has there ever been a "People's Champion" to the extent that he is?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
Flintoff - I believe he will go on to be rated up there with Sobers, Khan, Dev, Botham et al as one of the game's all-round greats. Also, has there ever been a "People's Champion" to the extent that he is?
In this country, Botham is the only one who comes close - yet his charisma was due to him being a larger-than-life, outspoken, anti-establishment, streetwise, dope-smoking tearaway whose best mates were a couple of West Indians and who loved ripping the heads off Aussies.

Freddie has a sort-of naive, childish charm about him - never a ranter, criticised by so many early on in his career over his Inzy-like diet - almost a village cricketer in his outlook on the game - "see how far I can hit this one". Then he grew up and now shows a remarkable maturity in everything he does - but still with a childish glint (*cough*windows, Tino*cough*) in his eye.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Tendulkar was and is more of a people's champion than Flintoff will ever be.
Sorry, but just my opinion.
The first 3 words of my comment were "In this country". As far as world perception or Indian perception, I agree with you.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Yes, because Dave Gregory, James Lillywhite jnr. et al. are all sooooo well known aren't they? :p
Course they are! Who'd forget the man who captained their own country to their first victory? :p
For Bangladesh, it'll be even more special, due to that long run of winless test cricket.
It'll be the Bangladeshi version of Headingley 1981