• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wed Apr 16 (20 ovs)
1st match - Mumbai Indians v Kolkata Knight Riders
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Thu Apr 17 (20 ovs)
2nd match - Delhi Daredevils v Royal Challengers Bangalore
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Fri Apr 18 (20 ovs)
3rd match - Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab

Fri Apr 18 (20 ovs)
4th match - Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals

Sat Apr 19 (20 ovs)
5th match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Sat Apr 19 (20 ovs)
6th match - Kolkata Knight Riders v Delhi Daredevils

Sun Apr 20 (20 ovs)
7th match - Rajasthan Royals v Kings XI Punjab
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Mon Apr 21 (20 ovs)
8th match - Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils

Tue Apr 22 (20 ovs)
9th match - Kings XI Punjab v Sunrisers Hyderabad
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Wed Apr 23 (20 ovs)
10th match - Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings

Thu Apr 24 (20 ovs)
11th match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Fri Apr 25 (20 ovs)
12th match - Sunrisers Hyderabad v Delhi Daredevils

Fri Apr 25 (20 ovs)
13th match - Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians

Sat Apr 26 (20 ovs)
14th match - Rajasthan Royals v Royal Challengers Bangalore

Sat Apr 26 (20 ovs)
15th match - Kings XI Punjab v Kolkata Knight Riders

Sun Apr 27 (20 ovs)
16th match - Delhi Daredevils v Mumbai Indians
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Sun Apr 27 (20 ovs)
17th match - Sunrisers Hyderabad v Chennai Super Kings
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Mon Apr 28 (20 ovs)
18th match - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kings XI Punjab

Tue Apr 29 (20 ovs)
19th match - Kolkata Knight Riders v Rajasthan Royals

Wed Apr 30 (20 ovs)
20th match - Mumbai Indians v Sunrisers Hyderabad

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not specifically a 2014 question, but does anyone else see this expanding into an Asian Premier League (even if the IPL name remains) with teams from Colombo and Dhaka (even if not Pakistan) competing? I actually think that would be really great. Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis counting as locals across the whole tournament would mean a lot for cricket in their respective countries and it'd also mean you could add a couple of teams without diluting the standard much. Removing the need for the BPL and the SLPL would be a nice bonus too.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Not specifically a 2014 question, but does anyone else see this expanding into an Asian Premier League (even if the IPL name remains) with teams from Colombo and Dhaka (even if not Pakistan) competing? I actually think that would be really great. Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis counting as locals across the whole tournament would mean a lot for cricket in their respective countries and it'd also mean you could add a couple of teams without diluting the standard much. Removing the need for the BPL and the SLPL would be a nice bonus too.
very good idea and i would like to see a Pakistani team in there too..

BeeGee

International Captain
Time for all the T20 fans to get their IPL fix. Personally I don't understand the fixation with it, I'd rather stare at my ceiling fixtures.

Muloghonto

U19 12th Man
I cant see this happening without expanding the IPL calendar ( consequence of accomodating more teams) and a dedicated IPL window being agreed upon without which there cannot be any multi-national participation.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I cant see this happening without expanding the IPL calendar ( consequence of accomodating more teams) and a dedicated IPL window being agreed upon without which there cannot be any multi-national participation.
If there was a team in Colombo partly owned by SLCB then there's no way they'd be scheduling away internationals during that period which they seem to every year. That's the carrot for the BCCI and IPL in general really; that player availability.

Purely from a financial perspective, you'd think adding a Sri Lankan team would gain more fans, viewers and revenue than a team in any other Indian city that would just dilute the market share of the Indian teams, particularly if Sri Lankan cricketers suddenly became a) counted as local players, even just for the Colombo IPL side, ensuring the player pool wasn't diluted, and b) available for the whole tournament.

The SLCB is obviously under a bit of a financial strain and it's had great, great difficultly getting its SLPL off the ground. I honestly think this could be a great solution. I'd even be willing for the IPL to go an extra week or two to see it happen, and that's coming from someone who already thinks it goes way too bloody long as it is.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The hype has been low so far for this IPL compared to previous IPLs. No grand opening ceremony to start with.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

ajdude

International Coach
What's the go with Cricinfo? They're calling it the Indian T20 League and the team names are just Mumbai T20 etc