• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

Spark

Global Moderator
I realise we complain about it just about every time there's a T20 tournament, but cripes, the catching...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Can someone tell me why Tare is opening ahead of Rohit Sharma? The guy who had a superb World T20 for his country, opening the batting. Tare looks awful, looked awful in the first game too.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Free scoring opportunity for Rayudu and Rohit. RCB called on Dinda.

In other news, Chahal is a seriously good limited-overs bowler. He should be a certainty in T20Is for India. Economy under six, offsets a rather poor strike rate.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there a way to stream the live channel on my tv (tv's youtube app doesn't find the live stream) via my laptop wirelessly? I don't have a spare hdmi cable lying around.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the **** is this tactical timeout ****?

I'm sure even Muloghonto and I can agree that this is a crap idea. Doesn't add any marketeering or any viewing pleasure.

If I'm a gonna watch a T20, I expect it to be over in a reasonable amount of time. That means no drinks breaks (you sure as hell don't need a proper drinks break in 20 overs), sticking with over rates and no sodding "tactical timeouts". Seriously, what is this supposed to achieve?

Daemon

What the **** is this tactical timeout ****?

I'm sure even Muloghonto and I can agree that this is a crap idea. Doesn't add any marketeering or any viewing pleasure.

If I'm a gonna watch a T20, I expect it to be over in a reasonable amount of time. That means no drinks breaks (you sure as hell don't need a proper drinks break in 20 overs), sticking with over rates and no sodding "tactical timeouts". Seriously, what is this supposed to achieve?

King Pietersen

International Captain
That was a magnificent piece of fielding from Kohli. No idea how his throw was so powerful and accurate whilst falling over. He's so quick too, brilliant.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
As has been pointed out though, they don't really take advantage of it from an advertising perspective very often anyway. It's perplexing.

Great gif though.
our youtube stream might be different from what India actually sees.

There's a distinct lack of intrusive advertising. It's rather fantastic and makes for a decent viewing spectacle. Count me skeptical.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
our youtube stream might be different from what India actually sees.

There's a distinct lack of intrusive advertising. It's rather fantastic and makes for a decent viewing spectacle. Count me skeptical.
My Indian correspondent has just updated me on the un-doctored real situation.

Upon dismissing Virat Kohli, the apparent Zaheer Khan removed a face mask to reveal Anushka. They proceeded to perform an improvised-yet-choreographed dance to the music of Bubba Sparxxx and the Yin Yan twins' "Miss New Booty".

...to be continued.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That was like vintage Zaheer Khan first up, awesome to watch. RCB gonna be a tough side to beat though. Bowling's pretty weak, but Gayle, ABDV, Kohli, Yuvraj is a really strong power 4, and add in-form Parthiv Patel and Albie Morkel into the mix, and you've got a bloody strong batting unit.

Daemon

Mumbai will finish last.

Does Hussey even have experience opening in T20s? Rohit Sharma's a complete tit.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mumbai will finish last.

Does Hussey even have experience opening in T20s? Rohit Sharma's a complete tit.
Pretty sure he opened heaps for CSK. But yeah, they look awful, made even worse by the genius decision to bat Pollard at 6.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My Indian correspondent has just updated me on the un-doctored real situation.

Upon dismissing Virat Kohli, the apparent Zaheer Khan removed a face mask to reveal Anushka. They proceeded to perform an improvised-yet-choreographed dance to the music of Bubba Sparxxx and the Yin Yan twins' "Miss New Booty".

...to be continued.

In a mermaid outfit, with a West Indian player jumping in to provide backing vocals?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That Agarwal lofted off drive for 4 off Morkel is one of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen, no exaggeration. Amazing stuff.

Meanwhile the running in this game is just lol bad.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've discovered two things about the IPL today:-

1. It's live on ITV4
2. It's actually worth watching