• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Pujara will definitely get better at this as he goes on. But he obviously doesn't have the big shots required for the format. But then dravid didn't either (annoying to have him compared to Dravid again I know) and he did pretty well for RR. He should just concentrate on hitting the gaps for fours instead of trying the big hit which just doesn't have

Spark

Global Moderator
it was normal earlier on but now:

"Indian T20 League, 7th match: Jaipur T20 v Mohali T20 at Sharjah, Apr 20, 2014"

Daemon

Watching Pujara struggle yesterday really made me appreciate batsmen who are gun in all formats even more. Really requires a special kind of talent.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching Pujara struggle yesterday really made me appreciate batsmen who are gun in all formats even more. Really requires a special kind of talent.
You can count them on your fingers. Currently, it is only 3 who spring to my mind (Kohli, Warner and De Villiers)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very restrained response there - not sure now what I was trying to say but it wasn't the sanctimonious crap that it looks like - my apologies

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Unadkat is a seriously useful T20 bowler. Strike rate just under 17, a slightly high economy, but good average for a strike bowler. Should be in the running for a T20I spot.

If only Shami didn't struggle so much on these flats. Bloke's a much better bowler than these figures suggest (look at his T20 stats), and should be India's #1 bowler- on pace and strike rate. Nadeem, anyway, isn't much good on flats.

Last edited:

Daemon

Ishwar Pandey looks pretty decent. Might get a chance once Mohit has been discarded.

Jassy

Banned
Apparently Kohli is the only international bat who averages 50 in all 3 formats combined (international only). Not sure that means much but it is an interesting stat nonetheless.

Jassy

Banned
You misunderstand mate, he does not average 50 in T20s. He averages 50 if you combine all 3 formats. 8261 runs @ 50.16 and 25 centuries. Not bad. Before someone says,I know the three formats are different and it doesn't mean much to combine them but the stat is still impressive.