• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't they play him for only one match or something? Seemed stupid at the time, seems borderline criminal now.
Yeah it was brain dead selection... Even if you don't think he's good, surely you've gotta play him. FFS you paid a million for him

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pujara looked like a genuine hack with that inside edge. Like my club's #10 who things he can launch everything.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
the sad part is that Pujara can be reasonable in ODIs since there is more time to settle down. But dude is simply not good enough for T20 currently

G.I.Joe

International Coach
you're certainly not going to be batting him at #6 but i still reckon he'd be pretty good at #4.
Yeah, I agree. I have no idea what's going on in the selectors' minds here, but he does have the weight of runs in List A cricket and I assume it's the perception of being a slow goer that's the stumbling block.

IMO, for purely selfish reasons, he should concentrate on his strike rate at the expense of the average in T20 cricket to make his case.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I agree. I have no idea what's going on in the selectors' minds here
I think their rationale is essentially that they have no faith in their bowling attack whatsoever and therefore need batting lineups that can make really big totals when they fire, rather than consistently just make good totals which their bowlers then fail to consistently defend. That said, current #4 Rahane averages 25 and strikes at 72 in ODIs, and his List A record has never been stellar, so it's not really working on that front anyway.

As I've said before, ideally you wouldn't bat Pujara any lower than three in ODIs, which would mean shifting either Rohit or Kohli to four when they're doing fine where they are, or dropping Dhawan which wouldn't solve the middle order problem anyway. It's a quandary in general.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't know what's making me the most happy - Maxwell and Miller being bosses or Faulkner being ****e :D

Spark

Global Moderator
Kings XI are a bit of a silly team atm. If Maxwell and at least one other middle order bat are in this sort of mood to sort of becomes irrelevant how many anyone else makes batting first, it can't possibly be enough, but otherwise...

Spark

Global Moderator
The phrase "trying to hit it too hard" has never been more apt than for Pujara here
yeah he reminds me a lot of Clarke when he tried to play t20s and as such is c
clearly just not cut out for it - he's very capable of scoring extremely fast when well set but even then it's all control rather than power.