• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Muirhead or Scott Borthwick, who has a better future??

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Both young spinners with tremendous potential, one has a fair bit of domestic experience, one has been fast tracked to the national team.
Muirhead has looked pretty impressive to me, and looks like he'll be given a fair bit of exposure since people are showing a lot of faith in him. Borthwick, with the amount of FC experience he has might just do better in the longer formats and won't need a long time to settle down, since experience is a lot more important for a spinner to get better at the art.
Who's your pick?? who has a better future??

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I'd like to be allowed to compare them to Warne or even Qadir but, you know - different eras.
I know what you are pointing at, But this is less of a comparison thread and more of a prediction thread wherein m just asking who looks more promising and has better chances to do well depending on various other factors which might involve in their growth.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Borthwick doesn't have tremendous potential. If he is lucky he will become a batsman who is a handy part timer.

Haven't seen the other guy so can't comment.

the big bambino

International Captain
I know what you are pointing at, But this is less of a comparison thread and more of a prediction thread wherein m just asking who looks more promising and has better chances to do well depending on various other factors which might involve in their growth.
I was only having a gentle shot. :) From what I've seen and mostly heard I don't think Borthwick will kick on. Muirhead looks very good. He was expensive in a fc match recently and may have trouble holding his line for long spells. A problem that didn't occur in the bbl (for obvious reasons) and where he looked good. Would pick Muirhead of the two at this early stage.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As long as they prove they are better long term than Salisbury and Schofield would be a start.

Not seen enough of the Aussie lad but can't see Borthwick being much use long term for England unless he is used more as a batsman who bowls.

Julian87

State Captain
I don't see Muirhead doing much damage in Shield until he can bowl more than four balls in a row in the batsman's half of the pitch.