• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian Domestic off season 2014.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
David King scored a 100 in Melbrourne grade,a possible Vic replacement.
Who would you replace? For me its just the batting order that was wrong in game 1. Daniel Christian does not need to be batting so high while I think both Handscomb and Stoinis are decent at building an innings (but accept 1 will remain in the middle order).

I would go:
1. Quiney
2. Stoinis
3. White
4. Wade
as my top 4. From 5-7 I would typically go with:
5. Hussey
6. Christian
7. Handscomb
But depending on the situation there could be times where Christian would come in ahead of Duss (Vic 3 down after 38+ overs, or behind the run rate) and even times when I would bat Handscomb ahead of Christian (Vics first game and early wickets).

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Handscomb supposedly the great white hope of Victorian batting. And he bats at seven while Christian at three? Mental.

David King won't help them in OD cricket, but he's been bloody stiff not to be given more opportunities; only 23 or so as well and had four big grade years.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at least handscomb doesnt have to keep anymore. small gains!

David King won't help them in OD cricket, but he's been bloody stiff not to be given more opportunities;
Spending all the pre-season in the FoxFooty war room mustn't help

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also when John Wayne Hastings returns Victoria will immediately look stronger. With the team I named before, I wouldn't be against Handscomb at 5 and Dussey dropped but meh.