• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pound per Pound strongest Cricketers.

FRAZ

International Captain
lol.Pound per pound
1. Mohammad sami
2. Our own AA
3.Yasir Hameed.

Bulky Cricketers.
1. Inzi
2. Shane Warne.

Tallest Cicketers (Present players)
1. kuruvilla (If he hasnt retired)
2. Shabbir Ahmed .
3. Hmm i am not sure

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im afraid Jacob Oram makes all those guys look pretty small.
Hayden is quite a well built guy though, he'd be up there too.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Kuruvilla has retired ...... I think.

The tallest cricketer in the world ATM is Will Jefferson , the Essex opening batsman.
He is 6'10'' , Im sure Halsey can fill you in on him ;)

Ahmed aint that tall , I doubt he's be any bigger than Andy Caddick , Merv Dillon , Glenn McGrath or Adam Griffith.

As for the strongest Id nominate Andy Bichel , he can pick Shane Warne (88kg) up & dump him a couple of metres away.

FRAZ

International Captain
Tim said:
Im afraid Jacob Oram makes all those guys look pretty small.
Hayden is quite a well built guy though, he'd be up there too.
IMO Obviously you are right , I didnt say biggest
I said Tallest and also Bulky I meant players with considerable fat on their bodies in one way (who dont look like sportsmen ) . Ranatunga is their guru.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Symond's IMO.

He would have to have one of the strongest throwing arm's of alltime and I cant think of any player's currently who can throw the ball as hard as him.

Other's would be Hayden, Flintoff, Bichel, Streak and a few more.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Stephen Fleming would be up there as one of the tallest players..but not one of the strongest.

But for height & size, it'd have to be Jacob Oram..I don't think I see anyone else near his size in international cricket anyway.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FRAZ said:
IMO Obviously you are right , I didnt say biggest
I said Tallest and also Bulky I meant players with considerable fat on their bodies in one way (who dont look like sportsmen ) . Ranatunga is their guru.
Mark Cosgrove, Darren Lehmann

Craig

World Traveller
Tim said:
Stephen Fleming would be up there as one of the tallest players..but not one of the strongest.

But for height & size, it'd have to be Jacob Oram..I don't think I see anyone else near his size in international cricket anyway.
You can see why Oram played in goal for the New Zealand football team at age level.

Lance Cairns would be strong. Joel Garner was huge.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pound for pound Parthiv Patel? For his size it's amazing he can even pick up those (illegal?) Indian bats...

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
How about the slowest cricketers around?
1. Mark Richardson
2. Mark Richardson with the wind at his back
3. Inzy

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
er, no.

WG was a fatass.
I am afraid you are way off the mark there. W.G.Grace was a fat ass much later in his career. He played for a long time. If you see he pictures in his early 20s and early 30s, you will notice the well built man. He is known for power hitting as well.

W.W.Armstrong too was a huge and powerful cricketer. If you just take a look at any old picture of W.W.Armstrong, you will see how the likes of Afridi and Powell will look small in his presence. Maybe they can hit harder but these guys were definitely strong as well.