• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pound per Pound strongest Cricketers.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Sir Learie Constine was fairly strong apprantly or a decent enough cricketer.

He was the person to hit a six off Eddie Gilbert - an Aboriginal fast bowler who played for Queensland and dismissed Bradman for a duck.

Apprantly very quick but never played for Australia perhaps because of colour and thus they felt he chucked.
Bradman said to Gilbert on his way back to the pavillion after getting a duck with a very stern look on his face , "You will never play cricket for Australia..." You can work out what the '...' is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
... any relation to Ashley Gilbert?
The one who had the infamous eye-to-chest confrontation with Ramps in the 1998\99 tour, in the Vic match where they were missing 8 first-team regulars.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Lee Carseldine is very strong , he owns a gym/fitness club in Brisbane & is in the opinion of his team-mates the fittest FC player in Australia ATM , not bad considering Andy Symonds & Andy Bichel number among them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
The one who had the infamous eye-to-chest confrontation with Ramps in the 1998\99 tour, in the Vic match where they were missing 8 first-team regulars.
So infamous I can't remember it!

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was actually at the MCG dust up with Ramps/Gilbert.
I think Headley was bowling to Gilbert...a few words exchanged between the 2 and suddenly Ramps comes rushing in from the the covers and is giving Gilbert an earful.
I believe it was over an alleged racist comment. No idea whether that was true or not.

Aside from that I remember getting slaughtered in The Cricketers after the match with a few other England fans over there at the time. Happy days.

Sudeep

International Captain
I have personally seen Brian McMillan from a distance of 3-4 feet. And he is VERY huge. And was a strong hitter too.

Even Mike Kasprowicz. Saw him personally. ANother huge guy. Someone did rmention it right, these Queenslanders...