• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

91Jmay

International Coach
England not being able to find a way to get Samit in our T20 side is a bit farcical given how bad we are.

Notts striking well, probably give them the edge, Hampshire's top order crucial.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samit doing it with the ball now, are you watching Moores/Farbrace/flower/Downton/Whomevermakesdecisionsnowadays?

grecian

That's not very elegant James, not your normal fap-worthy style, needs must though I suppose.

Yes, I am complaining about someone hitting sixes, it's all so vulgar.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Hales
Vince
Roy
Morgan
Bopara
Buttler
Willey
Jordan
Broad
Tredwell
Gurney

Something like that would be nice to see. Plenty of batting, but bowling a real issue - such a weakness for us. Contradictory considering I've just panned the selectors for not picking Samit but probably not quite good enough as a bat alone to get into the top 6.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Ha, Ha!

Scores level and the Notts crowd is silent

There it is - the victory by a brilliant batting display from James Vince!

grecian

Hales
Vince
Roy
Morgan
Bopara
Buttler
Willey
Jordan
Broad
Tredwell
Gurney

Something like that would be nice to see. Plenty of batting, but bowling a real issue - such a weakness for us. Contradictory considering I've just panned the selectors for not picking Samit but probably not quite good enough as a bat alone to get into the top 6.
The batting's okay, I wouldn't play Tredders in T20, R. Patel or Parry, and with one left-armer, I'd probably go Finn over Gurney. Also not certain about bop's S-R in T20, would probably go Root, who really does improvise well. Young mans game anyway.

Johann

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well he's been picked in the Lions team, so he is somewhat near, how about

Hales
Vince
Roy

For a top three in T20?
tbh I kind of took that to mean he's still not being considered for the next lot of ODI/T20 teams in that they still want to see how he gets on with the lions

Hales has to be in the ODI team and Roy and Vince have to be at least in the squads

Samit should be brought back too tbf

91Jmay

International Coach
The batting's okay, I wouldn't play Tredders in T20, R. Patel or Parry, and with one left-armer, I'd probably go Finn over Gurney. Also not certain about bop's S-R in T20, would probably go Root, who really does improvise well. Young mans game anyway.
Yeah, Ravi Patel in for Tredders is a no brainer totally skipped on him. Root is good at T20, but i like having hitters all throughout the order. Samit in for Ravi garnered consideration, always useful to have 8 overs of spin.

grecian

tbh I kind of took that to mean he's still not being considered for the next lot of ODI/T20 teams in that they still want to see how he gets on with the lions

Hales has to be in the ODI team and Roy and Vince have to be at least in the squads

Samit should be brought back too tbf
I dunno, it looks a pretty strong squad, I think if people really perform it could be an easy way of getting in.

Yeah, Ravi Patel in for Tredders is a no brainer totally skipped on him. Root is good at T20, but i like having hitters all throughout the order. Samit in for Ravi garnered consideration, always useful to have 8 overs of spin.
I changed my mind on Samit after seeing him field, it's just a massive part of T20, really hard to have a passenger in the field.

Pothas

That's not very elegant James, not your normal fap-worthy style, needs must though I suppose.

Yes, I am complaining about someone hitting sixes, it's all so vulgar.
He does a pretty elegant six to be fair, the one handed pull was a bit violent though I must admit. He is great though obviously, another finals day but I just want to get out of division 2 tbh.

Johann

School Boy/Girl Captain
The point about Samit's fielding is a fair one - for all his immense natural talent, his mobility and fitness in the field is a relevant concern

Pothas

Going up north this week, got myself two days of cricket planned, Durham v Middlesex and then down to Scarborough for Yorkshire v Essex. It is bound to rain for both days.

stumpski

International Captain
Another round of 50-overs game starting today - Sussex v Durham on Sky later. Bit of a surprise to see TE Bailey lining up for Lancs!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Have to say I have been impressed with Worcestershire this yeatr, Darryl Mitchell has been superb and if he was playing for a london team he would be in the lions squad.

Aqmal was brilliant, Moeen deserves a big run for England and is doing well