• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prior not keeping is a bit weird. His prolonged period of poor batting form put him on the chopping block but it was the fact that his keep completely went with his confidence too that got him axed eventually; you'd think he'd be keen to prove his utility in the double role right now. Still has to prove he's 'back' with the gloves too, for mine.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Achilles injury preventing him from keeping apparently. Which is really worrying given he hasn't played a proper match since mid December.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This summer, will be the Summer of Bop, it's just inevitable he'll be in all the England teams, I just think he maybe captaining a couple. That's the fresh ideas we need.

Woodster

International Captain
At least the majority of Essex's Top 7 got some reasonable time in the middle today so a worthwhile opening day. Have high hopes for Essex this season, with promotion from Division Two a real possibility imo.

As for my tip for the Division One crown, Middlesex, not the ideal start to the campaign with the middle order frailties from last season re-surfacing at Hove. Dexter, Morgan, Rossington and Simpson will be hoping for much more time at the crease in the second innings should the weather permit, though hopefully not before we see some more from Prior's flashing blade and a hostile spell or two from the out of form Finn.

Talking of struggling batting line-ups and I'm afraid little surprise from Lancashire's first innings effort, the void of Katich going to be an issue in this division.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
He was also dropped at least 3 times from what I was listening to and can gather from twitter.

Big runs in relation to the game he is playing but imo can't have him batting 7 with Stokes at 6 and potentially onions, Kerrigan/Panesar, Anderson and Broad as the bottom 4.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Duel allrounders innit.

Seriously though, I'm not that surprised he got dropped a few times given his scoring rate and the way he plays, but it's still a century against a very strong attack in a low scoring game. Still got some way to go but it's a big step in the right direction.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hey, I've just thought of a better comparison to Eoin Morgan, Alex Hales. Both good limited overs players for England, both have a few people advocating for them in the test side, both contribute nothing to their Championship sides and both got globes in their first innings of the season.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous of Pothas (oh and Sledger I suppose) right now, got to see the beard take a wicket and score runs.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One scorecard I've taken interest in: MCC Young Cricketers 145; Gloucestershire 2nd XI 161/7 (Jordan Garrett 38*)

Jordan's 14 and was part of my first County side aged 8. He scored a huge proportion of our runs for two seasons...