• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The inanimate carbon rod wasn't available?

Anyway have refrained from posting thus far today, so I assume we will now collapse from our unheard of position of strength to 360 all out. I listened to the radio stream for the first hour and we were 3 down early, went for a run then went out and lo and behold a triple century partnership. Still it's only Northants.
My intention in making my post was to coax a half century out of him but I clearly overthought it - I've been listening all day, and despite the not terribly high standard of commentary its been most enjoyable

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Regardless of how flat the pitch is at least we should get some scoreboard pressure with this total, and scored at a decent speed. Buttler just gone for 87 off 91 balls and Price 2 short of a double. Partnership went at nearly 6s and they scored 92 off the last 9 overs of the partnership.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Feel for Stephen Peters, in the field for a day and a half while the opposition racks up 650/6 declared, then gets out third ball.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Smith with more runs and wickets. Northants not making a great fist of the reply. Suspect they are completely doomed. Not that we are in much better shape but hopefully the runs we have scored might give us some confidence going forward. Certainly the middle order looks better with Khawaja, Prince, inform Croft, Buttler, Smith.

Anyway check out the Spriegel dismissal on YT, absolutely nails a sweep into short leg and it loops up for Buttler to take an easy catch.

Scaly piscine

Stokes taking a 7-fer today. England probably waiting so they can waste everyone's time playing him in the Mickey Mouse cricket.

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Adam Riley. Any Kent supporters know how he has bowled this year. Stats look okay, but can sometimes be misleading. Any chance of him in the test side based on FC performances so far?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What's going on with James Tredwell? Appears to be playing 4-dayers with Sussex and T20s with Kent. Weird arrangement TSTL.

Scaly piscine

There was no way he was fit enough to play the SL Test series, just hadn't bowled enough to justify his selection.
Debatable, he'd played two FC games and 4 T20 games before the first Test and played another couple of longer format games before the second Test.

It's not like he was easing his way back from an ankle or back injury. He injured his hand.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, with Moeen handling the spin duties it'll probably be a long way back for Stokes -- simply for balance reasons. I can't really see him being picked as a 4th seamer at 8 in the short term.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Would drop Jordan in a heartbeat for Stokes.

Jordan is nothing more than a 'put it there and hope' bowler. No movement and not enough pace to compensate for it.

stumpski

International Captain
Surrey setting off in pursuit of 69, but held up by a maiden 50 for Shreck, whose batting has improved beyond recognition this season. Hitherto one of the worst rabbits on the circuit and a permanent number 11, with over 200 runs now at an average almost 30 he has every right to demand a move up.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Zafar averaging 65 with the bat and 29 with the ball. First in politics and sociology from Cambridge.

Could slot in nicely for Cook as opener and captain. His sla would compliment Moeen perfectly.

Well maybe in a few years.

stumpski

International Captain
4% is the smallest 'wasp' I've seen to date. Does't mean that Glamorgan, with Sammy, couldn't pull this off though.