• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

stumpski

International Captain
Yes Evans is having a shocker of a season, after coming close to 1000 runs last year.

6th-wicket stand finally broken at Bristol, but I can see Surrey having to chase this evening - assuming they manage to bowl them out. Just as well they had that enormous lead.

stumpski

International Captain
Looks like the game's gone - don't see us getting four wickets in 40 minutes when we've only managed one all day. Well played to Gloucs though, especially ****bain, coming up to 150 - he came into the game with an average of 29 and got a duck in the first dig, so this was a real pressure innings. I'm sure the old man is proud.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
189 overs in the field. That'll hurt in the morning.

Just the t20 game tomorrow and then a championship game starting on Sunday to contend with for Surrey.

Flintoff not selected again for Lancashire tomorrow.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Someone explain the Jesse 10fer pls.

Some seriously random bowlers do well in England, yet good test bowlers often come into the England side with so-so records.

91Jmay

International Coach
Someone explain the Jesse 10fer pls.

Some seriously random bowlers do well in England, yet good test bowlers often come into the England side with so-so records.
Medium pace is the best speed in England. Give the ball a chance to move laterally. Why people like Will Gidman have ridiculous records, taking poles at 21 I think?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do England have to give Trego a chance in the T20s? What more can he do season after season?
Nah, it won't happen now, the chance may have come a couple of years ago, they'll go for a David Willey or someone if they go the bowling-biffer route.

We'll never know how Napier or Trego would have gone in International cricket. Whilst we know plenty about how Woakes and Dernbach would do. ho-hum

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, it won't happen now, the chance may have come a couple of years ago, they'll go for a David Willey or someone if they go the bowling-biffer route.

We'll never know how Napier or Trego would have gone in International cricket. Whilst we know plenty about how Woakes and Dernbach would do. ho-hum
Pick Chris Woakes for T20s based on nothing.

Constantly snub him for Tests when he averages 40 with the bat and 25 with the ball for his ****ing career.

Also add Darren Stevens to the list of players who should have been given a go in T20.

Last edited:

grecian

Pick Chris Woakes for T20s based on nothing.

Constantly snub him for Tests when he averages 40 with the bat and 25 with the ball for his ****ing career.

Also add Darren Stevens to the list of players who should have been given a go in T20.
Yeah, the fact that England just seem to look at good players rather than differentiate between forms is a constant irritation.

grecian

Billy Root scored a double ton for Notts 2nd xl at the same time as his brother,twins?
Just a younger bro, not twins.

I see Mark Wood has picked up another injury,ho-hum Onions still not fit. Durham seamers seem to be pretty fragile this year, I thought they built them tough up there.

Pothas

Vince getting out to Ravi. This does not please me. reverted back to getting himself out for 40 odd recently, still been an excellent season so far but he could do with a big score again soon.

grecian

Jeets bowled 45 balls before conceding his first run, He does okay for Warwickshire it has to be said.

stumpski

International Captain
Derby bowled out for 153. Let's see if we can manage it twice this time. Surrey resting the in-form Dunn is probably wise after his exertions at Bristol, especially as his replacement Curran took four wickets; while Dernbach who was probably just clinging on to his CC place has picked up three. I can only assume Meaker is injured (again) as he hasn't even featured for the seconds for a few weeks now. Otherwise he might be looking for a loan move soon.