• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vince made Hants twenty20 captain. Good move I would say, a lot of talk about how our young cricketers are not getting captaincy experience so this has to be a good thing.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Chapple, Hogg and Buttler missing from the Lancs squad for tomorrow, the first 2 through injury with Buttler rested after the T20WC. Apparently all back next week. Should be a tough start to the season then - We have Jimmeh to lead the attack but definitely gives us a bit of a problem with our tail - squad is

Horton, Reece, Prince, Agathangelou, Croft, Proctor, Smith, Davies, Anderson, Jarvis, Kerrigan, Ali, White, Brown
The first eleven should hopefully be the side, although wouldn't put it past us to play Kabir

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chapple, Hogg and Buttler missing from the Lancs squad for tomorrow, the first 2 through injury with Buttler rested after the T20WC. Apparently all back next week. Should be a tough start to the season then - We have Jimmeh to lead the attack but definitely gives us a bit of a problem with our tail - squad is

Horton, Reece, Prince, Agathangelou, Croft, Proctor, Smith, Davies, Anderson, Jarvis, Kerrigan, Ali, White, Brown
The first eleven should hopefully be the side, although wouldn't put it past us to play Kabir

Your not playing next week are you?

Ali if fit is surely better than Jarvis.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Prior not keeping for Sussex because of his achilles. Gotta be a massive worry long term now about Prior if he isn't even fit to keep wicket months after his last first class game.

Taylor injured for Notts so Hales is saved from second team cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Your not playing next week are you?

Ali if fit is surely better than Jarvis.
Yeah meant next game.

I think Kabir's ability to last a full FC game is a worry and Jarvis is more looking to the future. Really surprised that White is playing however, don't see him as a better bowling option than Smith, Procter or Reece, would rather we played an extra batsman.

Anyway, ours seems to be only game on, first wicket to Kabir getting Mullaney, apparently he was dropped on 0 as well.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmeh with 2 wickets :) First point to Lancs.

Just a bit worried about how our batting is going to go, although probably lucky to be facing Notts without Siddle and Adams.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jimmy must be so pleased to be back at Trent Bridge. Where is Siddle anyway? I thought the whole benefit of getting a block like him is that he'd actually be here.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Inexplicably not selected, I believe.

Actually getting quite passionate about this stupid piece of selection tbh. With Procter and Reece in the top six for batting alone, you don't need both Smith and White to bowl medium pace. I mean, I can understand wanting a bonus paceman to cover Kabir in case he breaks down yet again, but Jarvis > White in the third paceman role by a long, long way, and Smith could cover Kabir's overs if needed.

And its not like Jimmeh can't bowl a lot of overs.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Wayne. ****ing. White.

Let that sink in PEWS. Zimbabwean Glenn McGrath left out for Wayne White.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Inexplicably not selected, I believe.

Actually getting quite passionate about this stupid piece of selection tbh. With Procter and Reece in the top six for batting alone, you don't need both Smith and White to bowl medium pace. I mean, I can understand wanting a bonus paceman to cover Kabir in case he breaks down yet again, but Jarvis > White in the third paceman role by a long, long way, and Smith could cover Kabir's overs if needed.

And its not like Jimmeh can't bowl a lot of overs.
Without Hogg & Chapple though the tail is shocking, especially with the inexperienced Davies at 7. Should have played an extra batsman though, we would still have 5 seamers and 2 spinners.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm without words if this is true.
Am I imagining things or did they not even pick him for a second XI game? Certainly didn't make the first XI when he was available. Really horrible for the test game that stuff like this can happen though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Am I imagining things or did they not even pick him for a second XI game? Certainly didn't make the first XI when he was available. Really horrible for the test game that stuff like this can happen though.
He played a couple of Second XI games and a Championship game at the end of last season after he moved. I'm not sure what's going on with him this week exactly.