• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
^long tail with Anderson, Kerrigan and Jarvis - I think especially if Jimmy is playing we don't need 4 seamers +Smith/Procter/Reece. Not much of a build up before the season either, we are playing a few mm cricket games in Dubai and only one 2 day friendly as far as I can see. I think Jarvis will start in the seconds but the CC games come thick and fast in April and May, can't see Chapple playing all of them. Think Jarvis will be a regular by the end of the season but by then we won't have Jimmy.
Yeah, as I said in my post it was a NSW-style team, where they regularly pick 7 or 8 bowling options including a bowling all-rounder at 7 :p

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ooh a scorecard how exciting:D

Big season for Gregory, reckon it'll be the year he dominates TBH. In the England ODI squad by the end of the year.

Bell-Drummond and Reece an exciting partnership for MCC.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ooh a scorecard how exciting:D

Big season for Gregory, reckon it'll be the year he dominates TBH. In the England ODI squad by the end of the year.
Not sure he's a one day player tbh. I find him a curious case anyway. Somerset seem to rate his batting higher, but from what I've seen a followed his bowling definitely seems the stronger suit. If he can uncover that batting potential they seem to think he has could become a real good player.

Woodster

International Captain
Not sure he's a one day player tbh. I find him a curious case anyway. Somerset seem to rate his batting higher, but from what I've seen a followed his bowling definitely seems the stronger suit. If he can uncover that batting potential they seem to think he has could become a real good player.
Yes certainly remember Trescothick raving about his potential as a batsman, his bowling doesn't look too shabby either mind.

grecian

Oh, I'm just going on what the selectors do, picking players for ODIs first. Not saying it's right.

Yes, his mythical batting ability, would come in handy.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I see Onions skived off this game to keep his average in tact. tut tut.

Sehwag polishing off Durham today.

grecian

50 against a strong Middlesex attack a decent start.

Good to see Tresco get some early runs as well.
Apparently Tres has really been working on issues with his technique, which must have crept in recently. Or maybe you need to change it when you get older. Yet it's good he's still working hard.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not had the greatest footwork usually has he? Reckon if you rely on your eye to much when you get older you can fall away. Happened to Sehwag.

Though he scored buckets well into his thirties playing that way, so it might not be relevant at all.

grecian

Not had the greatest footwork usually has he? Reckon if you rely on your eye to much when you get older you can fall away. Happened to Sehwag.

Though he scored buckets well into his thirties playing that way, so it might not be relevant at all.
No he hasn't, he talked in his book about having to work really hard on working out which balls to leave. Maybe it' some variation on that, may have fallen into old habits, happens when you get decrepit.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there any possible way to get highlights of that Sehwag innings? Or was it not televised?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Bad news for the T20 in May against SL is that Willey and Topley are both still injured and haven't started bowling yet and aren't expected to start the season. Both would have been in with a big chance of a callup for the game - hopefully with Bresnan joining Dernbach on the reject fence. They should be back by then but I doubt they'll have had enough cricket by then to be selected for international cricket.