• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

Howe_zat

Audio File
We'll still need a random or two to come in with both those gone. Probably with Rhodes/Tattershall and one of Bairstow or Hodd playing as a batsman. Basically a batting lineup which'll depend a wee bit too heavily on Gale for my liking.

#BringBackJoeSayers

Howe_zat

Audio File
I thought Finch was only coming for T20? If he's signed on for the Championship matches he'll play, though maybe I'd rather have one of the students

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought Finch was only coming for T20? If he's signed on for the Championship matches he'll play, though maybe I'd rather have one of the students
Signed up for the whole season, all three formats. Will be available once the IPL is over.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm thinking of switching my tiresome "trego for England", to a potentially much longer tedium "Gregory for England".

Woakes has done himself no harm, would like to know how Barker is bowling though, rate him highly.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yep, Gregors has had a good start to the season, and doesn't have the county journeyman tag Trego's picked up. Probably far greater potential as well tbf, at least in the bowling department.

Jarquis

Gregory taking poles opening the bowling is great. Wasn't that long ago he was batting at 6 and bowling 8 no balls per 2 over spell.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You deserve everything you get for picking Wayne ****ing White ahead of Kyle Jarvis.

From now on, Wayne ****ing White's name will never appear without its additional growth.

fredfertang

You deserve everything you get for picking Wayne ****ing White ahead of Kyle Jarvis.

From now on, Wayne ****ing White's name will never appear without its additional growth.
I have to concede that with the possible exception of Karl Brown I'd rather see any other member of the squad playing rather than him, and as I type this I'm even reconsidering that

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have to concede that with the possible exception of Karl Brown I'd rather see any other member of the squad playing rather than him, and as I type this I'm even reconsidering that
I actually reckon Brown would've been more useful in the current lineup, useless as he is. Not as good a cricketer as White (a statement he should be very insulted by) but a batsman would've made more sense here than someone who bats eight and is the fifth bowler, given Procter can do the latter to a semi-decent (arguably better than White) standard anyway, and Reece is there too.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't understand how White managed to get a first division team, after spending most of his career as a portrayal of why Leicestershire are not one

Howe_zat

Audio File
It is a cursed name.

~

Jack Brooks playing an enjoyable pisstake of an innings at Headingley. Last wicket stand up to 37. Ordinarily I'd think of this as evidence of no demons in the track but the number of runs scored in boundaries suggest it's your classic tailend jam.

fredfertang

I don't understand how White managed to get a first division team, after spending most of his career as a portrayal of why Leicestershire are not one
when we signed him we were a second division team, and it looks like we might be again next year - although to be fair to him he did OK in a **** team in 2012, although more to the point he was **** in a stronger one last year, all of which rather suggests he might actually have a good summer again this time round