• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

91Jmay

International Coach
Hundred for Bell against a very solid attack, which bodes well for England. Bears lead by 100 with 5 wickets in hand. If we can get up past 200 we will have a punchers chance.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hundred for Bell against a very solid attack, which bodes well for England. Bears lead by 100 with 5 wickets in hand. If we can get up past 200 we will have a punchers chance.
And Cook's just reached his 71st FC hundred, albeit against not quite such a solid attack.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ah, I hadn't realised that. 21 CC tons doesn't sound a lot, but I suppose he's barely played for Essex.
So much for my pondering whether he might reach 100 hundreds.
Yeah my initial thought when I saw your post was '**** is he that close?'

He's pretty much the only one I can see getting close at the moment and even then he'd have to go some, and decide he wanted to play a few years for Essex after England

91Jmay

International Coach
Ha. Good knock though. If one of Barks, or Jeets can stay with Belly for a bit we might be able to post something that gets them nervous.

Woodster

International Captain
Essex turning the game around at Chelmsford with Cook getting to three figures, always good to see. Hoping him and Rav can put on a big partnership here and really put Derby (Shiv) under the pump.

As has been mentioned already, good to see some decent performances so far in this round from some of the England boys, and fringe England players. Cook and Bell finding some form and players such as Sam Robson really giving the selectors a nudge. Nice to see Steve Finn in the wickets again, not overly concerned by his relatively high economy rate providing he's picking up good wickets with some hostile bowling. Anyone shed any more light on Finn ?

Eoin Morgan aswell getting his CC campaign up and running in his second game of the season with 86. Looks like there could be a few really close contests developing in this round of games.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent day from an England point of view this.

Moeen taking 3-43 from 18 overs, that is exactly the sort of thing he has to keep doing.

grecian

Decent day from an England point of view this.

Moeen taking 3-43 from 18 overs, that is exactly the sort of thing he has to keep doing.
Indeed, Compo out though. Yet we're getting the competition we were hoping for, except maybe in the WK department.

Pothas

Enjoyed listening to Vince this afternoon, even if Gloucestershire bowling has sounded somewhat dire.

Woodster

International Captain
Shame Bopara went just as Essex were building a more convincing lead and now Greg Smith's gone just before the close. A more precarious looking lead of just under 220 with six wickets remaining. As I type Masters fails to do his job and Essex are five down with Ben Foakes now at the crease. Can't afford to lose any more wickets tonight ideally and get this lead upwards of 300 tomorrow.

Woodster

International Captain
Ian Bell really giving Warwickshire a sniff here, 140 not out and still going strong. Same can be said of Sam Robson (144*)and Alastair Cook (133*), all three in and going big to put their sides in with a serious chance of victory.