• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going to be close run thing to get this extra point for Lancs. Only 16 overs to get 48 but they can't lose wickets with not much to come. Have to get in in morning again if they survive tonight.

Should mean they can bat on though as by the time they get to 300 the overs will be virtually up so Middlesex may well miss the vital 3rd bowling point.

stumpski

International Captain
Several sides building up big leads in the second innings - and Hants, Derby and Gloucs probably all have enough already. Don't see anyone chasing down 300+ in the next couple of days. And a Tavare 100 at Canterbury would certainly attract comment from the locals if it comes off.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thank **** for that - really feeling quite stressed by this - puts me in mind of that famous quote of Bill Shankly's

HeathDavisSpeed

The Plank laying it down for Essex. Looks like they'll have done the job by morning NZT. Can Glamorgan deny Hampshire a win? Seems incredibly unlikely.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
At 50-5 on the first day (with essex in charge against worcester) I was thinking to myself if ever there was a day for Vince to stand and up and deliver here it was. Really good that Vince will be playing div 1 cricket next year.

If Surrey hadn't completely collapsed two weeks ago against Worcester from their strong winning position it would have been Hampshire and Essex going up.

Allenby and Ryder with 10 wickets hauls in match this season. Kinda sums up div 2.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Saj (and Tom Craddock) released by essex. No!

Sure most of you have seen it but the winter performance squad were named yesterday. Really happy about Ansari. Really tries to give it a rip when he bowls (if a bit raw at present) and a nuggety bat.

England Performance Programme

Batting and Spin Camp in Sri Lanka
Zafar Ansari (Surrey)
Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)
Sam Billings (Kent)
Alex Lees (Yorkshire)
Adam Lyth (Yorkshire)
Stephen Parry (Lancashire)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Adam Riley (Kent)
Jason Roy (Surrey)
James Vince (Hampshire)
Tom Westley (Essex)

Fast Bowlers Camp in Potchefstroom, South Africa
Jack Brooks (Yorkshire)
Matthew Dunn (Surrey)
Mark Footitt (Derbyshire)
Craig Overton (Somerset)
Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire)
Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire)
Mark Wood (Durham)

stumpski

International Captain
Cradock will get another county hopefully, will be a shame if he doesn't. I like to see young leggies getting success in county cricket but Waller and Beer haven't really pushed on it has to be said.

Big congrats to Hampshire and all their supporters, Pothas among them. Having been top-four for most of the season, Surrey faltered when it mattered, I don't think we were ready tbh.

Tomorrow will be interesting - exactly what two divisions was brought in for.

Pothas

Two promotions for me in one year, delighted.

Staying up next years is going to be a lot more difficult but it was about time we got out of division two.

grecian

No Willey in the EPP :(

Dunn, Overton and Wood though (Y)
No Gregory either. Yet I add Footit to the Positives, really deserves it, probably the best Left-arm option around ATM.

Billings jumping a few with a great latter-half of the season, does look promising though.