• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scathing article by Vaughan on Trott

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How refreshing to read that the individual is responsible for a change and not his employer. It is right its not the ECB's fault. Can you imagine if it intervened and stopped someone from speaking? That would be the outrage. No employer should be responsible to an employee to that extent. As for Vaughan and his so called "insensitivity" well what else is supposed to do? It is Trott who is responsible for his own illness. It isn't anyone's obligation to moderate their reasonable behaviour to account for it.

So far I've heard that an employer should stop someone from speaking. That isn't reasonable. Or that Vaughan shouldn't do what he's paid to do. That isn't reasonable either. Trott should just keep quiet and get the help he needs.
Wow just wow. Think I'll leave this argument here, because your entire spiel is utterly sickening, and callous in the extreme, IMHO.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
He'll never play for England again. This summer is ruled out already which rules out the winter tour. As they've somehow managed to get another Ashes series into the schedule next summer he's gone for good. There's a fresh batch of young South African batsman ready to take his place.

grecian

He'll never play for England again. This summer is ruled out already which rules out the winter tour. As they've somehow managed to get another Ashes series into the schedule next summer he's gone for good. There's a fresh batch of young South African batsman ready to take his place.
I know that's a joke, but if Prior remains unfit, will the opening test be the first time a Saffie-born player hasn't played for England in donkeys years?

the big bambino

International Captain
Wow just wow. Think I'll leave this argument here, because your entire spiel is utterly sickening, and callous in the extreme, IMHO.
Gosh this supercilious attitude of moral superiority annoys me. You are not better than me, you arrogant person. A person who is ill is responsible for accessing the help they require. It is not up to anyone else to modify their behaviour to accommodate someone else's negligence. Don't pretend you are avoiding the point for any other reason that you can't counter it. Let alone the fact than your simpering there there ing hand patting of Trott (which he most likely would reject if you ever tried it with him) makes you better then anyone. Stop your posturing.

social

He's their employee they could have stopped him, cautioning, what does that mean.

Heaping all the blame on Trott that'll help.

The ECB covering themselves with a leak to a pet journo, yet again.
IIRC, the ECB (and numerous others) came out at the time and said they had warned him against doing the interview so this was hardly an exclusive leak for Pringle

Anyway, I don't really see how they could have stopped him as the only real penalties that they have at their disposal are of the financial variety and I don't think that they would risk the PR fallout from fining a person with a mental illness

grecian

Gosh this supercilious attitude of moral superiority annoys me. You are not better than me, you arrogant person. A person who is ill is responsible for accessing the help they require. It is not up to anyone else to modify their behaviour to accommodate someone else's negligence. Don't pretend you are avoiding the point for any other reason that you can't counter it. Let alone the fact than your simpering there there ing hand patting of Trott (which he most likely would reject if you ever tried it with him) makes you better then anyone. Stop your posturing.
Well a person that is mentally ill, does not always make the right choices, I probably am not better than you, I'm a bit of a ****. On this subject though you slagging off Trott repeatedly for all his comments, and piling all the blame on him, does make me better than you, because I have a remote understanding of the subject, and you clearly don't.

Also defending Vaughan's comments is pretty inhuman, IMHO. No sympathy or empathy in them.

Last edited:

grecian

IIRC, the ECB (and numerous others) came out at the time and said they had warned him against doing the interview so this was hardly an exclusive leak for Pringle

Anyway, I don't really see how they could have stopped him as the only real penalties that they have at their disposal are of the financial variety and I don't think that they would risk the PR fallout from fining a person with a mental illness

Really did they? Don't remember that remotely?

They could have just told him not to do it, if not he wouldn't be considered for England. Again read tres' book, it's exactly the same situation, Marcus wishes someone had stepped in, and I bet Trott does now.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
Really did they? Don't remember that remotely?

They could have just told him not to do it, if not he wouldn't be considered for England. Again read tres' book, it's exactly the same situation, Marcus wishes someone had stepped in, and I bet Trott does now.

trott. stepped in. geddit

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know that's a joke, but if Prior remains unfit, will the opening test be the first time a Saffie-born player hasn't played for England in donkeys years?
Certainly since before Strauss debut. Though most people regard Strauss and Prior as English as they moved a lot earlier than KP and Trott.

Antigua 2004 when Lara got 400.