• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Women are good cooks, they should stay away from cricket" : Shahid Afridi

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I guess it's really not that surprising given his background, but it's still highly disappointing that he'd come out and say this publicly. Don't like to think how young female cricket fans in Pakistan will respond to this.

indiaholic

International Captain
Should be suspended the game IMO. If he had said any ethnic group instead of women, it would have created a furore and rightly so. It is an indication of how deeply insensitive we are about women's issues that we can just laugh at him.

smash84

The Tiger King
Should be suspended the game IMO. If he had said any ethnic group instead of women, it would have created a furore and rightly so. It is an indication of how deeply insensitive we are about women's issues that we can just laugh at him.
This would be over doing it I think

karan316

State Vice-Captain
So Afridi's logic is that if you are good at one thing, you shouldn't try another. So in that case, people who are good at cricket, should stay away from ***??

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Afridi's logic is that if you are good at one thing, you shouldn't try another. So in that case, people who are good at cricket, should stay away from ***??
Now I understand why I'm such a lousy cricketer ..................................

M0rphin3

International Debutant
IDGAF about players sledging, however harsh it is, but this is just dire ****. And worries me how he thought it was totally cool to make these terribly misogynistic comments there. This is not just a matter of "offense" especially since this guy has huge fanbase and misogyny is so rampant in Pakistan (I'm not saying it isn't elsewhere, obviously, but just that it's worse in degree)

Read the top rated comments
there.

I'd be really pissed off if this pr**k gets off the hook easily this time. This is not something to be taken lightly IMO.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fred, you were the exception, who was lousy at cricket and lousy in bed :ph34r:
Well **** me backwards, sideways and every which way Smali - you must be that Gwendoline woman that I "met" at the Reading Festival back in '81 - in my defence I did make the point to you at the time that a surfeit of magic mushrooms was affecting my performance, and although I didn't say this at the time I'll say it now and tell you that it doesn't help a bloke to maintain his interest when the object of his desires keeps wittering on about how she wishes you were really Imran Khan - bit of a wilter that one

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That should bring the star cricketer into disrepute and not the game
yeah but how many times do we see cricketers suspended for things that have nothing to do with cricket? i.e. drinking, violent behaviour, non-performance enhancing drugs etc.

Their contracts basically describe them as walking advertisements for cricket. Intelligent people know that they're not, but like it or not that's the way sports contracts work.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Well **** me backwards, sideways and every which way Smali - you must be that Gwendoline woman that I "met" at the Reading Festival back in '81 - in my defence I did make the point to you at the time that a surfeit of magic mushrooms was affecting my performance, and although I didn't say this at the time I'll say it now and tell you that it doesn't help a bloke to maintain his interest when the object of his desires keeps wittering on about how she wishes you were really Imran Khan - bit of a wilter that one
:laugh:

Typical Smali (or Gwendoline) to moan about Imran during the old game.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Well **** me backwards, sideways and every which way Smali - you must be that Gwendoline woman that I "met" at the Reading Festival back in '81—cut to sitar music in background
I'm surprised that you could remember any part of the eighties.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allowing Afridi to speak about anything comes with a cost but Fred's post covers the bill many times over.