• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Ground?

Rich2001

International Captain
We know Lord’s has the tradition and history… the MCG has the Boxing Day Test… Indian grounds have the atmosphere…

…But where do you rate the best ground in the world and why? And which ground if no restrictions would you most like to go and see a cricket match at?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Queenstown is a beaut of a ground, the more people who get to see it the better.

But I don't think you can beat the MCG for atmosphere..i've experienced it & it's well worth the trip.

masterblaster

International Captain
My favourite no doubt is the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The MCG, the best stadium in the world in my view.

Its unbelievable when you go to a ODI game and have often 75,000 people cheering!

The big, dazzling MCG lights are very hypnotic as well.

Simply beautiful!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've only ever been to one International ground - The mighty 'Gabba. I've seen the New Zealand grounds on t.v. and they always look B-E-A-utiful. I'd love to go to Adelaide Oval aswell.

FRAZ

International Captain
BEEN TO OVAL , ITS OK , THE GALLERIES ARE GOOD. MCG looks good on tv , The best ground to witness cricket then i.e Calcutta, Once it is packed even a handicap would like to perform at his best in the match. I've seen Qaddafi stadium Lahore . It is the best stadium (construction wise). They have given very traditional touch to the ground but they have reduced the seating capacity. Especially the brick work is wonderful , In the neighbour hood there is worlds biggest field hockey stadium and on its left is open air theter for live performances . and just in front is a motorbike track which was meant to be used as an athlete cycling track , Authorities closed it , a friend of mine died over there while doing stupid stunts in it . I was a tourist in Pakistan that time , I remember falling down there .. It was stupid . I went to my moms birth place in India. I saw ferozshah kotla stadium , it was the worst ground for international cricket . dont know whats the condition now .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Basin Reserve without a doubt gfor me. Superb ground, close to the players and a wonderful setting.

My parents went to the 5th day of the Melbourne test between Austaralia and India. They said the ground was great but actually getting into the place is a right mission.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I like Edgebaston , it allows you to get right up close to the players & the atmosphere was pretty good for the couple of games I went to.
For atmosphere you cant beat the Indian grounds , I went to a ODI at Goa in 2001 , the ground is probably about the size of Manuku Oval in Canberra & they must have crammed 50,000 people in there:O .
The noise was amazing & at no stage was the crowd under control , Australia ended up winning the game (and with it the series) and boy that crowd was not happy , it was a bit scary actually but very enjoyable.

Of the Aussie grounds I like the SCG best.

Rivergod

Cricket Spectator
masterblaster said:
My favourite no doubt is the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

The MCG, the best stadium in the world in my view.

Its unbelievable when you go to a ODI game and have often 75,000 people cheering!

The big, dazzling MCG lights are very hypnotic as well.

Simply beautiful!

Wait till they finish construction of the stands!! A lot players don't like the MCG b/c it's too big and "cold". But for shear audience atmosphere you can't beat it. I was there Friday night for Aust vs Ind and it was a huge buzz. How much better when it's finished?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't have any problems getting to & into the MCG.

We caught the tram from the train station, and 5 minutes later we were through the gates & heading to our seats.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Eden is the ground I have visited the most and it certainly has a gr8 atmosphere and the average person in the crowd is also very knowledgeable.

The ground in Mohali is very good too. I love it even though I have never been to it in person. I have been to the highest cricket ground in the world in Chail. It is a ground where I dont think international matches have been played ever. But its is a very good ground in terms of the atmosphere.

The grounds in New Zealand, the ground with the fort at the background in Sri Lanka are a personal favourite too.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
I also believe you can't travel any further than the worlds southern most international cricket ground in Queenstwon. How many grounds in the world have picturesque mountains in the backdrop.
Beautiful.

Rich2001

International Captain
Token said:
I also believe you can't travel any further than the worlds southern most international cricket ground in Queenstwon. How many grounds in the world have picturesque mountains in the backdrop.
Beautiful.
Apart from Cape Town (Newlands) Iam not sure any others do, although I may be wrong.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Egads I've been usurped! Anyway I'm biased and only have one eye so The Remarkables are more beautiful.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Telstra Dome! ;)

Hmm...on a more serious note, ive only ever been to 4 grounds, but the pick is easily the MCG. And also the most fun. Did i hear Bay 13?:D (I went to India-Australia ODI, good stuff):duh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Favourite ground, best ground, most beautiful ground, most picturesque setting for a ground, most amazed that they ever manage to play a cricket match at this ground......

all categories receive the same answer from me :

Worcester.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
I cant really comment because the only ground ive been to is the MCG, but I have to say the atmosphere in the VB series match the other day was incredible

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I have been to 2 grounds..THE MCG and Marrara Cricket Ground in Darwin....besides nearly getting killed by a Moin Khan 6 at the MCG and also a Brett Lee 6 at Marrara, I enjoyed Marrara the most.......despite only 4000 ppl were there, the atmosphere was incredible and I enjoyed the 3 days there...even Brad Hogg had a cheer group, although he was 12th man at that test......