• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Ground?

Sudeep

International Captain
I have only been to the following grounds:

The Oval
Lord's
IPCL Stadium, Baroda, India
Ahmedabad

Of these, The Oval was the best overall...

Baroda's (my home) has the best ground (as in only the playing area) I think I have ever seen of the 4 above as well as on television. But the stadium facilities are very very poor... As a player, I think everyone would love to play on this ground. But as a spectator... it's a nightmare.

Of the grounds I've seen on television... I think I'll rate the following 5 as my best, but no in particular order:

MCG (the stadium looks magnificent, well, duh)
Eden Gardens
Hobart (well, I don't know why, but its seems a fun place to play/watch cricket at)
Paarl, South Africa... (amazing mountainous backdrop)
And... just recently I saw... Queenstown... (same as above)

PY

International Coach
Unless either Turkey or Portugal have started playing cricket recently, I haven't been abroad to a country that has cricket as a national sport.

Therefore, I am restricted to:
Edgbaston
Old Trafford
Trent Bridge

None of which are in picturesque areas. However, I think Trent Bridge has to get my vote from one's I've seen in real life.

Free Strongbow cider and free chicken wings (:D, :saint: ) when I went there.

On a more serious note, from what I've seen on TV.....some of West Indian grounds have beautiful scenery. Don't know if that's the case or Sky were mis-leading me.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
The SCG for me....went to my first game there (Aussies Vs Windies in '96) and have been hooked ever since....

I love the mix of the old and the new stands...The Member's bar also rates as a favourite spot!!

Hope to umpire at Lord's someday too!

RMF

Cricket Spectator
carisbrook is pretty good wen all the drunk students start lighting couches on fire :lol: :lol: :lol:

deeps

International 12th Man
the WACA ground in a day night match! probably the best lights in the world...according to many commentators and former players as wlel

and when u got nice good fast bowlers bowling,it's a treat to watch...

Craig

World Traveller
The Recreation Ground in St Johns with the now retired Chick's Disco and I always liked Sabina Park and oh Liam would probably kill me if I didnt mention QPO.

Why more ODI cricket has been played at Queenstown is beyond me. It is prefect for cricket.

It is also the only ground that I know of that has an airport behind it.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
The SCG is a great ground all round, looks nice at night.
The MCG for the great atmosphere, especially in ODI's.
The Adelaide Oval is a nice ground also.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
No bias here :) but worcestershires ground 'New Road' is by far the best ground to watch cricket at. I wouldnt say the best ground is the one that can fit the most spectators in.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Never been to Newlands, but its numero uno on my list!

Favourites

Supersport Park, Centurion
NorthWest Stadium, Potchefstroom
Willowmoore Park, Benoni
Derby
Chester-Le-Street