• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand teams?

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
If there were no injurys in the New Zealand teams what would your team be?
My Teams are.
MENS:
1)Astle
2)J.Marshell
3)Mcmillan(captain)
4)Papps
5)Vincent(keeper)
6)Cairns
7)Oram
8)Adams
9)Vettori
10)Tuffey(Opening Bowler)
11)Bond(Opening bowler)
12th man)Harris

TESTS
1)Richardson
2)Horne
3)Fleming
4)McMillan
5)Astle
6)Cairns
7)Vincent
8)Vettori
9)Adams/Redmond
10)Tuffey
11)Bond
12th man)Harris

at 9 (adams/redmond) is depending on the pitch (spin or pace) and as long as redmond stays off the drink.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Forgot to say that fleming would be captain with vincent keeping and Bond and tuffey opening the bowling.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Redmond? he is ****, well he was anyway when i saw him on tv bowling.
i hope you aren't just picking james marshall because you know him.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Redmond is a better bowler than Brooke Walker and new Zealand need a leggie. And New Zealand need a New one day opener and James has shown he can get runs so I think they should try him anyway. If he shouldn't be there who should. McCullam maybe but he needs more first class cricket first. And as for me Knowing Jame. Well I only know him as well at 20 more first class players so I don't think that has anything to do with it

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Yea, I agree. He hasn't had a great first class season.. needs to prove himself there, Not just in under 19's.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Sinclair's only chance at ever playing Intnl cricket again is to bat at 4-5-6 where the ball is slightly older & his footwork won't be troubled by the new ball.

Sinclair no doubt has brilliant hand-eye coordination & if he is unwilling to work on his foot work then the only option is to drop him down the order.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Aaron Redmond is crap, the only reason why they are persisting with him is because his father played for NZ once and because he was in the Australian Academy a few years back.

I think they should isolate 4 spinners..
Daniel Vettori, Bruce Martin, Matthew Hart & Glenn Sulzberger & work hard with them.

As for batting issues, James Marshall is starting to become quite good, hopefully next season he will be able to build on some rather poor averages, I think he averages 28 in One Dayers which is not great considering his capabilities.

Papps I think should certainly be considered after next season, I think he is also starting to hit some big hundreds. One player who is not performing as the selectors had hoped is Oram and at this stage I can easily see him being overtaken by Adams & Mills before the World Cup if he continues to fail.

The other player who I continuously harp on about is Peter Fulton from Canterbury, his strokeplay is the best in New Zealand from what I have seen and towards the end of last season he started putting in some good scores.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yea, Fulton looks class from what I have seen. And I agree that Papps is a prospect- give him time though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
In the next couple of seasons I think we'll see the emergence of several players:

Michael Papps
Peter Fulton
Tim McIntosh
Rob Nicol
Warren McSkimming

Those 5 players are certainly up there as far as NZ's best rookies go.
Of course then there is McCullum, Butler etc.
but as far as im concerned players like Papps & Fulton have been dealt with properly, by that I mean that they have had at least 2 seasons of first class already.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes it will be interesting to see if Pasupati gets a call up, hes a good bowler and cis handy with the bat too, im sure he could be on the NZ 'A' tour to India in October.

The other player i forgot to mention is Joesph Yovich who started to build quite a bit of pace up last season after changing his action. He is over at the Darwin training camp so he must close also.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Another player is james McMillan. He is down at the academy and theboys down there were telling me he is bloody quick. he gets over 140...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
lol no way, i saw James McMillan bowl and he doesn't even get above 130 kms. He is similar to Paul Hitchcock in pace who is basically just a medium pacer.

I don't know who told you that, but when i saw McMillan bowl he didn't look very fast at all.

Kimbo

International Debutant
The guys down at the academy told me. They have to face him, and they said hes been clocked at over 140, maybe he has got quicker since hes been at the academy.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hmm

is this one of your fake jokes :P?

Yea they should Send Cullum, Yovich and Pasupati and some others on tour to India A

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
McMillan from what I saw does have good control of the ball which got him quite a few wickets for Otago I think, but he definately is not a pace bowler, I don't think he would even be as fast as Butler who barely reaches 135 k's at this stage.

And if McMillan was bowling 140, then surely he would have been picked ahead of Butler. When you bowl in the nets aswell, usually you bowl alot faster as you are relaxed, in a game situation im pretty sure he'd lose a good 7 or 8 k's.